Did Adam and Eve eat Meat in the Second Garden?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Did Adam and Eve eat Meat in the Second Garden?

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)
  • Auteur
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

This quote seems to indicate they did, no?

…Up to the time of leaving the first garden, Adam and his family had always subsisted on fruits, cereals, and nuts. On the way to Mesopotamia they had, for the first time, partaken of herbs and vegetables. The eating of meat was early introduced into the second garden, but Adam and Eve never partook of flesh as a part of their regular diet…. 76:3.7 (850.3)

Richard E Warren

André
    André
    Participant

Hi Rick,

I noticed your thread been left pending. Time to refresh your subject.

73:4.1 (823.7) Pasturage and animal husbandry were projected for the adjoining mainland. …. All flesh eaten by the Garden workers throughout all the years of construction was brought in from the herds maintained under guard on the mainland.

Incidentally, consumption of meat wasn’t forbiden in the first garden. 

Unless Rick, you pinpoint another quote, 76:3.7, does not confirm or validated such thing.

… and to what purpose such information could be profitable?

Thanks Rick,

André

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hi Rick, I noticed your thread been left pending. Time to refresh your subject. 73:4.1 (823.7) Pasturage and animal husbandry were projected for the adjoining mainland. …. All flesh eaten by the Garden workers throughout all the years of construction was brought in from the herds maintained under guard on the mainland. Incidentally, consumption of meat wasn’t forbiden in the first garden. Unless Rick, you pinpoint another quote, 76:3.7, does not confirm or validated such thing. … and to what purpose such information could be profitable? Thanks Rick, André

Thank you, Andre. That seems like a worthy question. I enjoy having such intimate details as their dietary evolution from divine to mortal status. And a group of details are what makes a story. Evidently the authors and editors decided we might find their diet details useful in updating Edenic history (which I am attempting to do now in novel form). And too, history is important for admonishing wisdom. It also expands cosmic consciousness when it is factual. And it reassures the individual that there is a divine plan at work. Revelation of course tells us plans don’t always work out, but the fix is in, don’t worry.

Do you think Adam and Eve would never have eaten anything other than fruits, grains, and nuts if they hadn’t become mortal? Maybe that’s another reason for telling us the pair broadened their diet, because mortality required it.

Richard E Warren

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.