Corn Flakes

Home Forums Science & History Corn Flakes

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I did speak with a “reader” on the phone. Does that count?

Yes.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I was thinking again about corn flakes and food.  I suppose if someone were very hungry, they would be happy to eat these tiny chips.  They would probably eat grass.

I sent my friend a birthday card I bought at Walmart.  It tickled my sense of humor.  Picture this on the front of the card.  On the left Jesus is standing on a rock and he has his arms raised.  In one hand he is holding a fish.  In the other, a loaf of bread.   Opposite him are the 5000.  It’s all cartoonish and silly looking.  One person in the crowd shouts, “Is the bread gluten-free?”  Another one says, “I’m a vegan!”  And a third asks, “Is there mercury in the fish?”

Of the 5000 that day I wonder how many got more than bread and fish for their bellies?

195:9:6  Primitive man lived a life of superstitious bondage to religious fear. Modern, civilized men dread the thought of falling under the dominance of strong religious convictions. Thinking man has always feared to be held by a religion. When a strong and moving religion threatens to dominate him, he invariably tries to rationalize, traditionalize, and institutionalize it, thereby hoping to gain control of it. By such procedure, even a revealed religion becomes man-made and man-dominated. Modern men and women of intelligence evade the religion of Jesus because of their fears of what it will do to them — and with them. And all such fears are well founded. The religion of Jesus does, indeed, dominate and transform its believers, demanding that men dedicate their lives to seeking for a knowledge of the will of the Father in heaven and requiring that the energies of living be consecrated to the unselfish service of the brotherhood of man.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Ramblon says above:  “Anyway, I now recall that I had been in that state of mine between sleep and awake. About a two weeks ago, I passed the time talking (in my mind) to “all that is”. These were my thoughts as a went to sleep. I was requesting a verbal response from Spirit. Specifically a beneficial one. (Never hurts to ask). Now that I think about it, that was the time I discovered the Urantia Book.”

Interesting…..I’ve heard so many stories from readers/students who did not find the UB so much as it found them.   Makes one wonder at the openings of new doorways for the pilgrims of time….on the way to Paradise.  Do we discern such assistance when it comes our way?  What is pure coincidence or serendipity?

Ramblon
    Participant

Keryn

The point that humans are can write “revelations” and still have problems that history leaves out. Theosophy was a good source. I don’t know if leadbeater was a molester. I don’t know if David Karish, (branch dividians) were molesters, I don’t know how many Good Presidents had “girls on the side”. They say Ben Franklin’s house in France had lot of bones in the basement. They were carrying on illegal dissectiions of humans.

It’s a mixed up world. I see no harm looking into Dr Sadler’s profession, his “sleeping prophet” or any other origins of the Urantia Book.

We don’t really know who wrote the Bible. The founder of the Mormons had golden tablets given to him by angels. Too bad the witnesses all died.

I am Ramblon. That username is no accident. A “rambler” might stirr the readers. Why not!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.