Challenging my Faith

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Challenging my Faith

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Did you know that King Tut’s father wrote 12 of those psalms?

(1048.1) 95:5.7 Ikhnaton was wise enough to maintain the outward worship of Aton, the sun-god, while he led his associates in the disguised worship of the One God, creator of Aton and supreme Father of all. This young teacher-king was a prolific writer, being author of the exposition entitled “The One God,” a book of thirty-one chapters, which the priests, when returned to power, utterly destroyed. Ikhnaton also wrote one hundred and thirty-seven hymns, twelve of which are now preserved in the Old Testament Book of Psalms, credited to Hebrew authorship.

leon14
    Participant

(1048.1) 95:5.7 Ikhnaton was wise enough to maintain the outward worship of Aton, the sun-god, while he led his associates in the disguised worship of the One God, creator of Aton and supreme Father of all. This young teacher-king was a prolific writer, being author of the exposition entitled “The One God,” a book of thirty-one chapters, which the priests, when returned to power, utterly destroyed. Ikhnaton also wrote one hundred and thirty-seven hymns, twelve of which are now preserved in the Old Testament Book of Psalms, credited to Hebrew authorship.

I had no idea

My email - leon_fourteen@y7mail.com

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Not to nitpick Bonita, Tut was his son-in-law.

(95.5:10) The son-in-law of Ikhnaton went along with the priests, back to the worship of the old gods, changing his name to Tutankhamen.

Gene
    Participant

Not to split hairs but would you consider the retelling of destroyed history a revelation?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

. . . would you consider the retelling of destroyed history a revelation?

I question your premise that history was *destroyed*.  Epochal revelation fills in so many, many gaps of history and knowledge not known before.  It puts it all together in one place.  The material is coherent throughtout the revelation where I have yet to find a contradiction in it. If anyone finds a contradiction in the material, I’d like to know.  :-)

No one person who lived with Jesus had access to the overall incarnation story of his life and his teaching.  But the midwayers were there and they mention the sources of their info.  People who study the genesis and evolution of planet earth and the universe analyize and systhesize info. after the fact.  They were not there when it happened.  But experts were there when it happened and this bit itself is a revelation! What the revelators want to do is to de-confuse us about our origin, history and destiny.

First paragraph of the Foreward:

0:0.1   IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia — that being the name of your world — there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.
    Gene
    Participant

. . . would you consider the retelling of destroyed history a revelation?

I question your premise that history was *destroyed*. Epochal revelation fills in so many, many gaps of history and knowledge not known before. It puts it all together in one place. The material is coherent throughtout the revelation where I have yet to find a contradiction in it. If anyone finds a contradiction in the material, I’d like to know. :-) No one person who lived with Jesus had access to the overall incarnation story of his life and his teaching. But the midwayers were there and they mention the sources of their info. People who study the genesis and evolution of planet earth and the universe analyize and systhesize info. after the fact. They were not there when it happened. But experts were there when it happened and this bit itself is a revelation! What the revelators want to do is to de-confuse us about our origin, history and destiny. First paragraph of the Foreward:

0:0.1 IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia — that being the name of your world — there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.
    good point Mara
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Not to nitpick Bonita, Tut was his son-in-law.

Thanks Enno.  I said “father” because that’s the understanding most of the world has at this time.  Leon did not read TUB and would not understand who I was talking about otherwise. Aren’t we supposed to modulate what we teach to the level of the learner? (181:2.21)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

As to vanished history, I think revelation is supposed to restore lost knowledge surrounding previous epochal revelations (101:4.8). Ikhnaton based his new religion on teachings from Salem missionaries which were part of the third epochal revelation.

(1047.1) 95:5.1 The teachings of Amenemope were slowly losing their hold on the Egyptian mind when, through the influence of an Egyptian Salemite physician, a woman of the royal family espoused the Melchizedek teachings. This woman prevailed upon her son, Ikhnaton, Pharaoh of Egypt, to accept these doctrines of One God.

(1047.2) 95:5.2 Since the disappearance of Melchizedek in the flesh, no human being up to that time had possessed such an amazingly clear concept of the revealed religion of Salem as Ikhnaton. In some respects this young Egyptian king is one of the most remarkable persons in human history. During this time of increasing spiritual depression in Mesopotamia, he kept alive the doctrine of El Elyon, the One God, in Egypt, thus maintaining the philosophic monotheistic channel which was vital to the religious background of the then future bestowal of Michael. And it was in recognition of this exploit, among other reasons, that the child Jesus was taken to Egypt, where some of the spiritual successors of Ikhnaton saw him and to some extent understood certain phases of his divine mission to Urantia.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.