Carrying out Thought Adjuster plans.

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Carrying out Thought Adjuster plans.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    André
    André
    Participant

Hi sibling,

For those who would like sharing experiences, memories concerning God’s personal plans.

Execution/realisation as it spiritually meant to be thorough our ascension.

110:1.4 Adjusters are interested in, and concerned with, your daily doings and the manifold details of your life just to the extent that these are influential in the determination of your significant temporal choices and vital spiritual decisions and, hence, are factors in the solution of your problem of soul survival and eternal progress.

André

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

To not be ardous and lengthy exhaustive story … I suggest keep it short.

… even it can means doing a “photo time lapse” as …

• childhood
    • teen years
    • rememberance of first moral decision
    • rememberance of decisive “asseveration” commitment

The purpose is as ” lone ranger” stop and enjoyed together around fire camp interesting steps done as ascending individual.

In brotherhood,

André

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

Childhood :

No particular conscious drive.

But remembered being annoying to my parents asking an sempiternal “why”.

Teen years :

Conscious awakening.

• a thirst to know esoteric, occult knowledges. Preparing ground approching religious concerns around 17 yrs old.

That curiosity engaged actions to evolving the capacity to understand, understand wider as well define in TUB as …

Mind Dominance
    42:12.1  The evolution of mechanisms implies and indicates the concealed presence and dominance of creative mind. The ability of the mortal intellect to conceive, design, and create automatic mechanisms demonstrates the superior, creative, and purposive qualities of man’s mind as the dominant influence on the planet. Mind always reaches out towards:

1. Creation of material mechanisms.

2. Discovery of hidden mysteries.

3. Exploration of remote situations.

4. Formulation of mental systems.

5. Attainment of wisdom goals.

6. Achievement of spirit levels.

7. The accomplishment of divine destinies — supreme, ultimate, and absolute.

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

Teen years :

devoring books, coferences, seminars on :

• The Power of Your Subconscious Mind. Joseph Murphy
    • Zig Ziglar.  motivation books
    • Lobsang Rampa, Edgard Cayce, Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East .. UFO

… on an on an on ..

Keryn
    Participant

I have considered this topic and am finding it difficult to identify times when I recognize, looking back, that my Thought Adjuster was leading or assisting me.  I can remember much more easily the times when I chose not to listen to my Thought Adjuster.  As a trivial example but one that has been vivid in my memory: when I was 10 years old or thereabouts, I attended a neighborhood fun fair and I stole a dime out of the cash box because I really really wanted to do the ‘fishing’ activity (where you toss a line over a partition and they put a little trinket on it).  I justified taking the dime because I was going to give it right back to them; but my conscience Thought Adjuster whispered that it was wrong because I’d be taking the prize home with me so I was still stealing.  I remember willfully ignoring the still, small voice and doing it anyway.  I felt guilty about it ever after and the prize lost its joy the moment it was in my hands.

There have been plenty of times later in life, with much more significant consequences, that I am able to identify my decision to not listen to my Thought Adjuster.

I wonder if, in the times when I did follow the leadings of my TA, it does not stand out in my memory because it was harmonious and did not create painful outcomes.  Surely I’ve done something right, now and then!

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I must be an oddball because I am acutely aware of celestial aid every waking moment, whether it comes from internal or external sources doesn’t seem to matter.  It is perfectly coordinated and absolutely lovely.  I wouldn’t know where to begin describing such a thing.  It’s a matter of vision, I think.  Folks see reality that way or they don’t, or maybe they only get glimpses of it from time to time, I don’t know.  I had my eyes opened to this way of living about 15 years ago, and since then, life keeps getting brighter and clearer everyday.  I highly recommend it.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

In my experience the degree of following the leading of my TA is the degree that I’m being self-forgetful.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

In my experience the degree of following the leading of my TA is the degree that I’m being self-forgetful.

If you’re being self-forgetful, how do you know you’re being self-forgetful?

Keryn
    Participant

I must be an oddball because I am acutely aware of celestial aid every waking moment, whether it comes from internal or external sources doesn’t seem to matter. It is perfectly coordinated and absolutely lovely. I wouldn’t know where to begin describing such a thing. It’s a matter of vision, I think. Folks see reality that way or they don’t, or maybe they only get glimpses of it from time to time, I don’t know. I had my eyes opened to this way of living about 15 years ago, and since then, life keeps getting brighter and clearer everyday. I highly recommend it.

Can you share more about this?  I would love to open my eyes to that kind of consistent and constant awareness, but I feel quite incapable of distinguishing my own thinking from the activities of my Thought Adjuster …..

Gene
    Participant

Conscience dominates.

must be in minority here

Keryn
    Participant

5. Erroneous Concepts of Adjuster Guidance

110:5.1 (1207.7) Do not confuse and confound the mission and influence of the Adjuster with what is commonly called conscience; they are not directly related. Conscience is a human and purely psychic reaction. It is not to be despised, but it is hardly the voice of God to the soul, which indeed the Adjuster’s would be if such a voice could be heard. Conscience, rightly, admonishes you to do right; but the Adjuster, in addition, endeavors to tell you what truly is right; that is, when and as you are able to perceive the Monitor’s leading.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

If you’re being self-forgetful, how do you know you’re being self-forgetful?

Exxaaacccctly!  :-)

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I must be an oddball because I am acutely aware of celestial aid every waking moment, whether it comes from internal or external sources doesn’t seem to matter. It is perfectly coordinated and absolutely lovely. I wouldn’t know where to begin describing such a thing. It’s a matter of vision, I think. Folks see reality that way or they don’t, or maybe they only get glimpses of it from time to time, I don’t know. I had my eyes opened to this way of living about 15 years ago, and since then, life keeps getting brighter and clearer everyday. I highly recommend it.

:good:

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Can you share more about this?  I would love to open my eyes to that kind of consistent and constant awareness, but I feel quite incapable of distinguishing my own thinking from the activities of my Thought Adjuster …..

It took me about 25 years of using the alter ego approach before I learned to recognize the difference between what is real and what is imagined.  I highly recommend it, it really does work.  I went down a lot of wrong paths before the light came on though. And, that doesn’t mean that I still don’t wonder sometimes if I’m imagining something.  But in truth, I have learned to trust it, even if I’m wondering if it’s just my human, material mind.  The reason I can trust it is because eventually the soul develops a way to influence the material mind in order to communicate what it wants, and I trust my soul to show me the truth, beauty and goodness present at any given time, place or situation.  Whether this is Adjuster derived or not, I couldn’t say, but I do recognize what’s coming from my soul. At a certain point in soul evolution, the soul begins to foster a material mind function which cooperates with its desires. That’s what I recognize, along with presence.  Can’t emphasize the presence-factor enough, which is why the alter ego approach works so well.

5:2.6 The entire experience of Adjuster communion is one involving moral status, mental motivation, and spiritual experience. The self-realization of such an achievement is mainly, though not exclusively, limited to the realms of soul consciousness, but the proofs are forthcoming and abundant in the manifestation of the fruits of the spirit in the lives of all such inner-spirit contactors.

111:3.4   Both the human mind and the divine Adjuster are conscious of the presence and differential nature of the evolving soul — the Adjuster fully, the mind partially. The soul becomes increasingly conscious of both the mind and the Adjuster as associated identities, proportional to its own evolutionary growth. The soul partakes of the qualities of both the human mind and the divine spirit but persistently evolves toward augmentation of spirit control and divine dominance through the fostering of a mind function whose meanings seek to co-ordinate with true spirit value.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I have to retract one of my statements above.  It actually took me 45 years of using the alter ego approach.  The last 25 years were much more devoted than the first 20 years. And I’d say the last 5 years were hyper-devoted to the approach. Now it’s normal. I don’t think I could think differently at this point . . .  I’m too far gone 👀.  Sorry, didn’t mean to mislead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.