AT FIRST SIGHT…

Home Forums Personal Experiences AT FIRST SIGHT…

4 sujets de 1 à 4 (sur un total de 4)
  • Auteur
    André
    André
    Participant

Bonjour everyone,

Paradox with relative reality…

Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” 102:1.1

One must know an individual to get to love him.
    One must love God to get to know Him.

Only a God-knowing individual can love another person as he loves himself. (16:9.8)

Have you ever love someone at first sight?
    Aren’t you under impression we already getting to know God previously to love Him ?

André

…..

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

André, my first thought upon reading your post is the word « attract ». People can be attractive, attracted, likable, pleasant, lovable, sincere, and jovial too. And then of course, we can be grouchy, unpleasant and people want to avoid us at those times. So, which comes first—-the chicken or the egg?  Humor is intended with that!!!!

However, as we gain experience with one another we discover more! One must know more to love more! But, as we know more of unlovable features, factors, relationship threatening exchanges, then, according to Jesus, we are more challenged to show love, even though His example is to love regardless. You get the idea here. A God-knowing person knows love and knows his value to God and knows God values all people.

Now, to get to know God, we must love Him first to get to know him? Hmmmmmm. I need to think that one through a bit more. How can we love someone we don’t know first?

But,  notice the quote uses the word « things »!!!! Is God a thing? Note the quote does not refer to a person, but things. This changes the assumption (discussion to your question) to activities and provisions provided by the Person God.

More thoughts?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Bonjour everyone, Paradox with relative reality… “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” 102:1.1 One must know an individual to get to love him. One must love God to get to know Him. Only a God-knowing individual can love another person as he loves himself. (16:9.8) Have you ever love someone at first sight? Aren’t you under impression we already getting to know God previously to love Him ?

Interesting topic, André.

You mention « relative reality ».  Here is what they say about universal reality.  I pulled this quote out, because  Mark Kurtz wrote:But,  notice the quote uses the word “things”!!!! Is God a thing?

No, but all things originate in him.  He’s the Alpha and Omega. He made all things possible.

196:3.2 [Part IV]
    There are just three elements in universal reality: fact, idea, and relation. The religious consciousness identifies these realities as science, philosophy, and truth. Philosophy would be inclined to view these activities as reason, wisdom, and faith — physical reality, intellectual reality, and spiritual reality. We are in the habit of designating these realities as thing, meaning, and value.
    Love is a relationship experience.  God loves us before ever we had the tiniest idea of the existence of God.  He even forgives us of our sins.  He knows us from the inside out.  Or should I say my Adjuster knows me from the inside out, even as your Adjuster knows you. He’s the Great Parent, Father of All.  This quote is a great explanation of how we reason ourselves into brotherly love:
    16:9.14   You become conscious of man as your creature brother because you are already conscious of God as your Creator Father. Fatherhood is the relationship out of which we reason ourselves into the recognition of brotherhood. And Fatherhood becomes, or may become, a universe reality to all moral creatures because the Father has himself bestowed personality upon all such beings and has encircuited them within the grasp of the universal personality circuit. We worship God, first, because he is, then, because he is in us, and last, because we are in him.
    Here are the first and second commandments about God love and neighborly love:
    174:4.2 Then came forward one of the groups of the Pharisees to ask harassing questions, and the spokesman, signaling to Jesus, said: « Master, I am a lawyer, and I would like to ask you which, in your opinion, is the greatest commandment? » Jesus answered: « There is but one commandment, and that one is the greatest of all, and that commandment is: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. This is the first and great commandment. And the second commandment is like this first; indeed, it springs directly therefrom, and it is: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these; on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. »
    Love at first sight?  I did not know the meaning of love until I experienced my first love of Jesus at the moment of being born-again! That experience is an inner knowledge, an inner sight, so to speak.  A faith experience.
    André
    André
    Participant

« If any man has Christ Jesus within him, he is a new creature; old things are passing away; behold, all things are becoming new. » (1103.6) 100:7.18

Matter-energy is recognized by the mathematical logic of the senses; mind-reason intuitively knows its moral duty; spirit-faith (worship) is the religion of the reality of spiritual experience. These three basic factors in reflective thinking may be unified and co-ordinated in personality development, or they may become disproportionate and virtually unrelated in their respective functions. But when they become unified, they produce a strong character consisting in the correlation of a factual science, a moral philosophy, and a genuine religious experience. And it is these three cosmic intuitions that give objective validity, reality, to man’s experience in and with things, meanings, and values. (192.6) 16:6.10<

Valuable post Mark.

Things are impersonal. Bestowal personality on living and associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit.   0:5.11

4 sujets de 1 à 4 (sur un total de 4)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.