Are we to be Mighty Messengers

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Are we to be Mighty Messengers

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant

Gene, The duties of a MM require attaining the Trinity embrace, so that’s your first hurdle, which takes us back to living in an “insurrectionary experience” and having been “rebellion tested”, but you’ve read all that, above. My recollection is that on the mansion worlds various careers are presented to us to choose based on a true and genuine assessment of everything about us. There is a plan and our place in that plan is divinely derived. Earthly free will to move about as you describe (and I have done) I don’t think is available to us after graduation. As to “who decides these things” depends on the point of reference. We have choice, albeit limited, so as regards deciding things about ourselves in your context – we decide, but remember prior to fusion, we have direct access to our adjusters, so I think we’d probably have a chat with them before making decisions. BTW, it’s the Ancients of Days who decide if we fuse, or rather when we’re ready, as I recall. Michael

i don’t believe we need our adjusters permission to realize our spiritual ideals. Again, if MM is your ideal, what’s to stop you in a universe that encourages realizing our spiritual ideals? The only limit I see is self imposed. Once an ideal becomes a goal, getting there, satisfying prerequisites, is just part of the job.

so who really is steering the ship.

a good pilot knows his limits. If MM requires rebellion type experience And it’s lacking, it’s not a realistic ideal and the pilot should know it.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m having a lot of trouble following the formatting in your last post Michael, so I’m not sure how best to present my answers to all your questions.  I’ll try to sum up a few things from my perspective.  First, I don’t agree or disagree with you.  My opinion is that the rebellion/insurrection situation can thought of either way. But, I cannot distrust the Mighty Messenger who wrote the message below.  If he wrote it, as far as I’m concerned, it’s true. Period. I don’t feel a need to parse his meaning. I trust that this is something that may happen to me, as is written.  Will it happen?  How the heck could I possibly know that? Likewise, how could I possibly know the reasons it could be denied me?  I’m simply satisfied with my superior telling me it’s possible. If he were here, I’d ask him to explain the details, but I don’t enjoy that option.

(247.6) 22:4.7 You mortals who read this message may yourselves ascend to Paradise, attain the Trinity embrace, and in remote future ages be attached to the service of the Ancients of Days in one of the seven superuniverses, and sometime be assigned to enlarge the revelation of truth to some evolving inhabited planet, even as I am now functioning on Urantia.

Whether or not the rebellion is completely over or technically over is a matter of viewpoint.  I agree that the control of this planet has been removed from the rebels, but the problem of sympathizers inciting ongoing rebellion is not over. The effects of rebellion are not a problem for the spiritual life of the individual, but for the planet itself, rebellion is still an issue. I’d say that if you consider only yourself, then the insurrectionary experience is over.  But if you consider the planet and the brotherhood of man, then the insurrectionary experience is not over.  There is much work to be done.

It’s the business of our Sovereign Michael to spiritually stabilize his universe.  To do so requires the loyalty and devotion of every citizen within it.  Wherever and whenever there is disloyalty, there is instability.  As a loyal and devoted member of this universe, my purpose is to stand strong against all influences contrary to my Sovereign.  On this planet, those influences are everywhere and all the time. But it’s not enough to stand against, I must be willing to aggressively work toward my Sovereign’s goal despite all the naysayers and resisters.  Is that an insurrectionary experience?  I don’t know.  I think it could be depending on how hard I work at it and how coordinated the offense is determined to stop me.  But that decision is above my pay grade, as they say.

(241.1) 21:5.7 The elevation of a sevenfold bestowal Son to the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe means the beginning of the end of agelong uncertainty and relative confusion. Subsequent to this event, that which cannot be sometime spiritualized will eventually be disorganized; that which cannot be sometime co-ordinated with cosmic reality will eventually be destroyed. When the provisions of endless mercy and nameless patience have been exhausted in an effort to win the loyalty and devotion of the will creatures of the realms, justice and righteousness will prevail. That which mercy cannot rehabilitate justice will eventually annihilate.

I think I’ll address other issues in separate posts, otherwise they get so long no one wants to read them.  As for formatting, what you do is highlight the part of my post you want to appear in your dialogue box, then scroll to the top of my post and hit the word quote in the upper right corner.  Only the highlighted text will appear in your dialogue box with the “Bonita wrote” link in front of it, and it will be indented as a quote.  When you hit the return button to start your reply it will also be indented unless you hit the quote icon at the top of your dialogue box, which will bring your margin back to the left.  Hope I explained that well enough.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Prerequisites for becoming a Mighty Messenger include prevention of rebellion or effecting higher types of loyalty in the face of such.  I think it’s safe to say that this planet is still suffering from a universe crisis since we’re still isolated and quarantined. Which means, it is also possible that those of us who read 22:4.7 may have played a part in preventing further rebellion or possibly displayed a higher type of loyalty for others to witness and emulate. I think Mighty Messenger status is more about loyalty to Michael, than about rebellion.  Tests of loyalty take all different forms.

(245.1) 22:2.1 Mighty Messengers belong to the ascendant group of the Trinitized Sons. They are a class of perfected mortals who have been rebellion tested or otherwise equally proved as to their personal loyalty; all have passed through some definite test of universe allegiance. At some time in their Paradise ascent they stood firm and loyal in the face of the disloyalty of their superiors, and some did actively and loyally function in the places of such unfaithful leaders.

(245.3) 22:2.3 Every ascendant mortal of insurrectionary experience who functions loyally in the face of rebellion is eventually destined to become a Mighty Messenger of the superuniverse service. Likewise is any ascendant creature who effectively prevents such upheavals of error, evil, or sin; for action designed to prevent rebellion or to effect higher types of loyalty in a universe crisis is regarded as of even greater value than loyalty in the face of actual rebellion.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Earthly free will to move about as you describe (and I have done) I don’t think is available to us after graduation.

As I understand it, free will is relative but expanding.  The greater our self-mastery and trustworthiness, the more liberties we have for choosing.  If it’s true that we are only able to make choices of what we are conscious of, then expanding cosmic consciousness should increase our options.  Also, as we become better at recognizing and choosing the Father’s will, limits for choice expand accordingly, since what a son desires and the Father wills to be, happens. Period.

Some related quotes: 28:6.16; 34:3.8; 54:1.1-10; 118:6.4-5; 118:8.1; 118:9.2

mehill
    mehill
    Participant

Gene,

I’m not at all suggesting that we “need our adjuster’s permission” for anything. I don’t adjusters give  permission. I think they say, “here’s the right way”; the choice is always ours.

I don’t think having an ideal to do something you’re not eligible for makes a lot of sense.

Steering the ship…which ship? The individual’s? For that we’re told, 111:1.9 Mind is your ship, the Adjuster is your pilot, the human will is captain. The master of the mortal vessel should have the wisdom to trust the divine pilot to guide the ascending soul into the morontia harbors of eternal survival.”

Michael

mehill
    mehill
    Participant

Bonita,

I apologize for the confusion in my formatting; I’m new here and haven’t yet learned how to use the tools of the program.

I think we’ve reached the point in this discussion where we interpret different meanings from reading the same text, and I think it best to leave it at that.

The question still stands.

Michael

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The question still stands.

Which one?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.