Any questions … any enquiries…

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Any questions … any enquiries…

14 sujets de 1 à 14 (sur un total de 14)
  • Auteur
    André
    André
    Participant
    1. Salute to everyone,

A lasting social system without a morality predicated on spiritual realities can no more be maintained than could the solar system without gravity.

~ The Urantia Book [Paper 195:5.9, page 2075.12]

If personaly I didn’t recognize all potentials and make the most actualising opportunity sharing common Divine’s goals … I wouldn’t bother !

BUT it bother me.

Let me statute some concerns:

How come this house (platform) is not vibrant with warms greetings when an individual pass the door ? … or salutations done when leaving ?

It is a platform with very interesting knowledges but brotherhood bonds are selective if not discriminating.

Nobody should be ignored when he answered or submitted inquiry subjects.

Sacrifice somebody on an altar was ancient primitive, ignorant behavior. Wasn’t it ? Altars of what ? Knowledges, cosmic mind expansion, acception of some despite others !!!

6:6.2 (78.5)  The equivalent of mind, the ability to know and be known

Most of my inquiries or participation bounced with echo in the room. The silent audience stay silent and present participant curling into themself before launching on offensive or defensive or usually indiference.

I »ll always storm the barricades and ask !

With brotherly’s fond.

André

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

andré wrote:

How come this house (platform) is not vibrant with warms greetings when an individual pass the door ?

Good question.  This platform is a suitable venue to ask questions.  I wonder why so few people use it.  Do you think the reason why they don’t use it is due to the way people are greeted, or due to something else?  Can you analyze it?

Keryn
    Participant

Hello Andre, Mara, and everyone,

This is indeed a wonderful platform with significant potential for gratifying group study.  I have been reading and sometimes posting here for several years my observation is that the varying degrees of familiarity with the Urantia Book, combined with varying degrees of spiritual development and maturity, make it difficult to find common ground for a critical mass of conversants on a given topic.

I find great value in reading the posts of those here who are obviously very learned in UB teachings and are talented at being able to articulate useful perspectives.  For myself, I feel that I am not at that point yet.  So I am more of a quiet member of the community.

On top of that is people’s lives and schedules can make it difficult to spend time to craft valuable insights on threads.  I do think the group here is quite welcoming of new members; but it can be intimidating to attempt to join in a conversation; especially if new to the book.

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

Mara, I wonder too. In my perspective civility is a way to get in and get out.We do so when paid a visit to somebody. It isn’t a major issue, just a aims to heighten cordial relationship.

Must be something to do, to enhance this uplifting platform !

Kerin, I am happy as part of « silence audience » you spoke out. As an 30 yrs reader … new readers of UB are often a refreshing, dynamic yeast. And as seeker of truth, sure you are experieced.

Thats is all needed. Yours observations aroused attention.

Thanks Kerin, Mara.

André

p.s. Mara as a usefull, skilled participant … what is your analyse ?

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Well André, I participate a few times per year on topics that interest me. I am happy to read comments from a few people who have achieved a high level clarifying understanding of the UB teachings, people who are highly intelligent and always curious about what the authors are attempting to teach. The so called « deep » meanings can be ferreted out by deep thinking, most of which is too much for average intelligence people. People could understand more if more work is put into the effort. As others have said, we are too busy or perhaps a bit too slothful. I am relying on my companions in the next life to help me when my physical, material brain no longer inhibits my growth! Graduation will be a marvelous celebration event!

There are blind and deaf people who want to learn with others. How can we accommodate them here on the Forum in a study group arrangement? What topics would interest them? Likely very many topics.

We all need to understand that less than 1% of the world population are leaders. (Consult the UB on that fact) That means the majority are waiting to follow you into some topic that will uplift them and benefit us all. We’d be wise to understand what they want or need first and then share. Gosh! How far share we go in this preaching?

We need more readers before we will have more participants here. My PowerPoint video promoting the UB as a lifetime resource for personal and planetary progress is up on Vimeo at

It is designed to be used as a tool for UB reader-students to introduce the book to persons who have never heard of the book or for persons who need a bit of encouragement to consider it a worthy resource. Let the readership grow and then Forum activity might increase.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Hi, Mara, I wonder too. In my perspective civility is a way to get in and get out.We do so when paid a visit to somebody. It isn’t a major issue, just a aims to heighten cordial relationship. Must be something to do, to enhance this uplifting platform ! Kerin, I am happy as part of “silence audience” you spoke out. As an 30 yrs reader … new readers of UB are often a refreshing, dynamic yeast. And as seeker of truth, sure you are experieced. Thats is all needed. Yours observations aroused attention. Thanks Kerin, Mara. André p.s. Mara as a usefull, skilled participant … what is your analyse ?

Hello André,

My observation today (two weeks since you started this topic) is more people are participating here, myself included.  And people are friendlier, myself included.  I’m a friendly person by nature.  But I can always do better.  The friendlier tone here is encouraging.

Do you notice it?

171:7.1   Jesus spread good cheer everywhere he went. He was full of grace and truth. His associates never ceased to wonder at the gracious words that proceeded out of his mouth. You can cultivate gracefulness, but graciousness is the aroma of friendliness which emanates from a love-saturated soul.
    André
    André
    Participant

Spiritual exhaustion.

Today, I find out it was my case. Before I developed this situation for how it happens. Will like to know, what trigger this fatigue spiritually in your life.     34:6.5

André

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Is it spiritual exhaustion or psychic exhaustion?  There are multiple causes of psychic exhaustion, monotony is one as is conflict and too much emotionalism.  But spiritual exhaustion, I think, is natural and can be easily cured by contact with Spirit.  Rodan explained how Jesus would go out into the hills periodically to replenish his soul with spiritual communion.

160:3.1 Look to your Master. Even now he is out in the hills taking in power while we are here giving out energy. The secret of all this problem is wrapped up in spiritual communion, in worship. From the human standpoint it is a question of combined meditation and relaxation. Meditation makes the contact of mind with spirit; relaxation determines the capacity for spiritual receptivity. And this interchange of strength for weakness, courage for fear, the will of God for the mind of self, constitutes worship. At least, that is the way the philosopher views it.

34:6.5 The divine Spirit is the source of continual ministry and encouragement to the children of men. Your power and achievement is “according to his mercy, through the renewing of the Spirit.” Spiritual life, like physical energy, is consumed. Spiritual effort results in relative spiritual exhaustion. The whole ascendant experience is real as well as spiritual; therefore, it is truly written, “It is the Spirit that quickens.” “The Spirit gives life.”

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

Religious perplexities are inevitable; there can be no growth without psychic conflict and spiritual agitation.100:4.2

It seems psychic and spiritual are intrinsically knit together. Imply one another.

Burnout is a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress.

Spiritual exhaustion or psychic exhaustion are as you said natural and be expected.

I would like to express an example of « spiritual exhaustion » as I can experienced it and define it now.

With the living faith, we are told  to us the action and to God the results.

The act is ours, the consequences God’s.” 117:5.5

In progressive maturation, expansion of cosmic mind …  when somebody act, he must rely on God about « the consequences » …. no ?

… and when you are in the « consequences » area  … should we sit and wait? Or will be wiser to « help » God by acting?

126:4.6 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness, for I am the Lord your God. And I will hold your right hand, saying to you, fear not, for I will help you.

Again in the process of maturation … « fear nothing » is logically terrorizing.

Summary;

I think allll those incertitudes improved the living faith.

Keep brotherled,

André

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

It seems psychic and spiritual are intrinsically knit together. Imply one another.

It depends.  The psyche has many different components and levels of consciousness.  Some are material, some are spiritual.  The spiritual is supposed to become dominant over the material though, so in a well-balanced personality they would be knit together by the overarching personality who has learned to interrelate and correlate all three levels of reality as well as master the emotions.

I think there is a form of psychic exhaustion which is unnatural.  That’s when the ego-self attempts to dominate the psyche and everything else.  They say that work is important but the self is not.  The more of yourself you put into whatever it is you’re doing, the more exhausting it is.  There are some who take themselves way too seriously.

48:6.37  You will learn that you increase your burdens and decrease the likelihood of success by taking yourself too seriously.  Nothing can take precedence over the work of your status sphere–this world or the next.  Very important is the work of preparation for the next higher sphere, but nothing equals the importance of the work of the world in which you are actually living.  But though the work is important, the self is not.  When you feel important, you lose energy to the wear and tear of ego identity so that there is little energy left to do the work.  Self-importance, not work-importance, exhausts immature creatures; it is the self element that exhausts, not the effort to achieve.  You can do important work if you do not become self-important; you can do several things as easily as one if you leave your self out. 

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

In progressive maturation, expansion of cosmic mind …  when somebody act, he must rely on God about “the consequences” …. no ?

Yes.  You leave your self out of it.  Anything truly good is supposed to be unconscious.

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

Looking for a quote !

I read in UB, when the Adjuster succeeds letting us knows His thoughts … us (primitively) immaturely, childishly do not perceive it as His. We think it is ours.

Thanks,

André

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

This one?

110:4.2 The Thought Adjuster is engaged in a constant effort so to spiritualize your mind as to evolve your morontia soul; but you yourself are mostly unconscious of this inner ministry. You are quite incapable of distinguishing the product of your own material intellect from that of the conjoint activities of your soul and the Adjuster.

Or maybe this one?

110:5.6 In varying degrees and increasingly as you ascend the psychic circles, sometimes directly, but more often indirectly, you do communicate with your Adjusters. But it is dangerous to entertain the idea that every new concept originating in the human mind is the dictation of the Adjuster. More often, in beings of your order, that which you accept as the Adjuster’s voice is in reality the emanation of your own intellect. This is dangerous ground, and every human being must settle these problems for himself in accordance with his natural human wisdom and superhuman insight.

André
    André
    Participant

Bonita,

Both refered to my inquiry.

The second was the one I was looking for.

Will contribute an undergoing reflexion about « reincarnation » thread.

Thanks for the help

14 sujets de 1 à 14 (sur un total de 14)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.