Angelic Domains of Activity

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Angelic Domains of Activity

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m being nagged on in response to some pesky internal curiosity about the machinery of mind.

Me too.  The notes I have on this subject go back almost 15 years.  I’ve been trying to understand this for what seems like a long time to me.  Rhythmic pulsations of mind-energy fields is the only way I can solve all the issues that arise over mind ministry, including those broadcast frequencies we all would love to get access to.  If you think about the fact that angel food is spiritual energy and teaching from the Trinity Teacher Sons, then they must be able to consume (assimilate) both spiritual and mindal energies.  At least my cartoon angels do.

26:1.17 These brilliant creatures of light are sustained directly by the intake of the spiritual energy of the primary circuits of the universe. Urantia mortals must obtain light-energy through the vegetative incarnation, but the angelic hosts are encircuited; they “have food that you know not.” They also partake of the circulating teachings of the marvelous Trinity Teacher Sons; they have a reception of knowledge and an intake of wisdom much resembling their technique of assimilating the life energies.

Did I supply this quote before which states the angels unify all the mind circuits, including the Holy Spirit, then somehow correlates it all with the Spirit of Truth and Adjuster?  I’m guessing they do that outside of the individualized mini-nebulae created by those agencies which we consider to be our own minds subject to our own volition.

113:3.2 More especially can and does this seraphic guardian correlate the manifold agencies and influences of the Infinite Spirit, ranging from the domains of the physical controllers and the adjutant mind-spirits up to the Holy Spirit of the Divine Minister and to the Omnipresent Spirit presence of the Paradise Third Source and Center. Having thus unified and made more personal these vast ministries of the Infinite Spirit, the seraphim then undertakes to correlate this integrated influence of the Conjoint Actor with the spirit presences of the Father and the Son.

But to be clear, TUB tells us the adjutants do not directly transfer mind data from one person to another.  (I can’t find the quote right now, but will post it when I do.)  Maybe that’s what angels do by coordinating with the Adjusters.  How else would they bring people together to share ideas that they want shared?  I’m thinking, in particular, angels like the Spirits of Trust who “inculcate trust into the minds of evolving men”.  If they don’t get inside the heads of men, how do these ideas about trust get in there?  Here’s what I’m thinking.  When a given person has arrived at some level of trust, the angels bring that person into contact with people who might benefit from trustful thinking.

I’ve often wondered about this.  Do you remember when the world was going to end because of the Mayan calendar?  I was 100% sure that life as we know it would not end because I totally trust that my Creator loves this world too much to let that happen.  I can’t tell you how many individual people and groups of people I encountered around that time who wanted to express their anxiety over it.  And I can tell you every time I told them of my unwavering confidence in the fact that it would not happen, people were helped by it, I could tell.  Did it help them trust more?  I think it did because deep inside they must have had doubts as to the reality of the myth.  Trusting your inner reality reflexes is how you overcome that sort of thing, I think.

I credit my angels for that.  So anytime a person wants to chat with me, I listen because that person might be put there by an angel.  Then I think, what’s the best thing that can come of this interaction?  Am I going to learn something, share something or both?   Even Jesus recommended personal contact with people in order to stimulate growth, saying:  “Or, if we could have him live with us, we might by our lives show him the Father in heaven, and thus would he become so attracted by our lives as sons of God that he would be constrained to inquire about our Father.”  I think it’s the angels that bring us together for a particular purpose.  It’s up to us to discover what it is.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I’m being nagged on in response to some pesky internal curiosity about the machinery of mind.

Me too. The notes I have on this subject go back almost 15 years. I’ve been trying to understand this for what seems like a long time to me. Rhythmic pulsations of mind-energy fields is the only way I can solve all the issues that arise over mind ministry, including those broadcast frequencies we all would love to get access to. If you think about the fact that angel food is spiritual energy and teaching from the Trinity Teacher Sons, then they must be able to consume (assimilate) both spiritual and mindal energies. At least my cartoon angels do.

26:1.17 These brilliant creatures of light are sustained directly by the intake of the spiritual energy of the primary circuits of the universe. Urantia mortals must obtain light-energy through the vegetative incarnation, but the angelic hosts are encircuited; they “have food that you know not.” They also partake of the circulating teachings of the marvelous Trinity Teacher Sons; they have a reception of knowledge and an intake of wisdom much resembling their technique of assimilating the life energies.

Let’s get an invite to dinner. I’ll bring the mustard and capers. You know, that term ‘rhythmic pulsations of mind-energy fields’ has resonance… Maybe because it’s another UB concept that blew right by me, from the Supreme Papers:

117:5.7 (1286.5) The great circuits of energy, mind, and spirit are never the permanent possessions of ascending personality; these ministries remain forever a part of Supremacy. In the mortal experience the human intellect resides in the rhythmic pulsations of the adjutant mind-spirits and effects its decisions within the arena produced by encircuitment within this ministry. Upon mortal death the human self is everlastingly divorced from the adjutant circuit. While these adjutants never seem to transmit experience from one personality to another, they can and do transmit the impersonal repercussions of decision-action through God the Sevenfold to God the Supreme. (At least this is true of the adjutants of worship and wisdom.)

I’ve sensed a certain pulsing in meditation/inner exploration. Not sure if it’s the same thing, could have been simple heart rhythm. Anyway, so, connect the dots for my dullness of understanding, how did we get from pulsations to the space broadcasts? I’d like to binge watch ‘Michael’s 7th’ maxi-series, the new edition. Will those Celestial Artisans never stop?!

Did I supply this quote before which states the angels unify all the mind circuits, including the Holy Spirit, then somehow correlates it all with the Spirit of Truth and Adjuster? I’m guessing they do that outside of the individualized mini-nebulae created by those agencies which we consider to be our own minds subject to our own volition.

“Mini-nebulae”! Adding that to the list of mind definitions.

113:3.2 More especially can and does this seraphic guardian correlate the manifold agencies and influences of the Infinite Spirit, ranging from the domains of the physical controllers and the adjutant mind-spirits up to the Holy Spirit of the Divine Minister and to the Omnipresent Spirit presence of the Paradise Third Source and Center. Having thus unified and made more personal these vast ministries of the Infinite Spirit, the seraphim then undertakes to correlate this integrated influence of the Conjoint Actor with the spirit presences of the Father and the Son.

But to be clear, TUB tells us the adjutants do not directly transfer mind data from one person to another. (I can’t find the quote right now, but will post it when I do.)…

Ok, good.

…Maybe that’s what angels do by coordinating with the Adjusters. How else would they bring people together to share ideas that they want shared?…

By implanting urges? They’re tapped into our nervous system, no?

…I’m thinking, in particular, angels like the Spirits of Trust who “inculcate trust into the minds of evolving men”….

Spirits of Trust (Who knew? Another of those Midwayer inserts in my book):

39:5.7 (437.6) …Trust is a new human acquisition brought about by the ministry of these planetary seraphim of the Adamic regime. It is their mission to inculcate trust into the minds of evolving men. The Gods are very trustful; the Universal Father is willing freely to trust himself—the Adjuster—to man’s association.

…If they don’t get inside the heads of men, how do these ideas about trust get in there? Here’s what I’m thinking. When a given person has arrived at some level of trust, the angels bring that person into contact with people who might benefit from trustful thinking. I’ve often wondered about this. Do you remember when the world was going to end because of the Mayan calendar? I was 100% sure that life as we know it would not end because I totally trust that my Creator loves this world too much to let that happen. I can’t tell you how many individual people and groups of people I encountered around that time who wanted to express their anxiety over it. And I can tell you every time I told them of my unwavering confidence in the fact that it would not happen, people were helped by it, I could tell. Did it help them trust more? I think it did because deep inside they must have had doubts as to the reality of the myth. Trusting your inner reality reflexes is how you overcome that sort of thing, I think. I credit my angels for that. So anytime a person wants to chat with me, I listen because that person might be put there by an angel.

But by what mechanism? Urges? Pushes? Nudges? Some readers claim the book leapt from the shelf of the bookstore (naw, that would be a Physical Controller or Midwayer, right?).  I was drawn to the UB the instant I saw it… On a bookshelf in sublet. Looking back, I know it was “genuine religious experience”.

Then I think, what’s the best thing that can come of this interaction? Am I going to learn something, share something or both? Even Jesus recommended personal contact with people in order to stimulate growth, saying: “Or, if we could have him live with us, we might by our lives show him the Father in heaven, and thus would he become so attracted by our lives as sons of God that he would be constrained to inquire about our Father.” I think it’s the angels that bring us together for a particular purpose. It’s up to us to discover what it is.

What fun for us all. Mind. What a concept. What an experience! I was thinking of mind gravity, and how little I know of it. The term appears at least nine times. So much to ponder, but the material world calls. It’s time to get the stuff out for the citywide garage sale. Now there’s an important topic.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I thought we already established that the angels don’t make contact with the physical level of reality except in extraordinary circumstances.  The nervous system is a network of physical protoplasm, no?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Anyway, so, connect the dots for my dullness of understanding, how did we get from pulsations to the space broadcasts?

Space broadcasts apparently come over mind circuits.  At least this one did:

62:7.2 It was an eventful day on Urantia when our small group gathered about the planetary pole of space communication and received the first message from Salvington over the newly established mind circuit of the planet. And this first message, dictated by the chief of the archangel corps, said:

62:7.3 “To the Life Carriers on Urantia — Greetings! We transmit assurance of great pleasure on Salvington, Edentia, and Jerusem in honor of the registration on the headquarters of Nebadon of the signal of the existence on Urantia of mind of will dignity. The purposeful decision of the twins to flee northward and segregate their offspring from their inferior ancestors has been noted. This is the first decision of mind — the human type of mind — on Urantia and automatically establishes the circuit of communication over which this initial message of acknowledgment is transmitting.”

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I thought we already established that the angels don’t make contact with the physical level of reality except in extraordinary circumstances. The nervous system is a network of physical protoplasm, no?

Hmmm, I wonder, is the nervous system wholly physical? It contacts with mind. BUT, maybe it contacts material mind. I’m slow, but do eventually get it. I blame the material.

/

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Anyway, so, connect the dots for my dullness of understanding, how did we get from pulsations to the space broadcasts?

Space broadcasts apparently come over mind circuits. At least this one did:

62:7.2 It was an eventful day on Urantia when our small group gathered about the planetary pole of space communication and received the first message from Salvington over the newly established mind circuit of the planet. And this first message, dictated by the chief of the archangel corps, said: 62:7.3 “To the Life Carriers on Urantia — Greetings! We transmit assurance of great pleasure on Salvington, Edentia, and Jerusem in honor of the registration on the headquarters of Nebadon of the signal of the existence on Urantia of mind of will dignity. The purposeful decision of the twins to flee northward and segregate their offspring from their inferior ancestors has been noted. This is the first decision of mind — the human type of mind — on Urantia and automatically establishes the circuit of communication over which this initial message of acknowledgment is transmitting.”

Hmmmmmm, still trying to make the connection to the “rhythmic pulsations”. Maybe you’re equating mind pulsations with the frequency pulsations used in broadcasts??

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I always suspected my mind works differently than other peoples’.  Now I know it’s a fact.  Does any of this add up for you:

The adjutants are a mind circuit of the planet.

Space communication comes over a mind circuit of the planet.

In my cartoon image mind circuits are rhythmically pulsating mind-energy fields.

Both adjutant and communication mind circuits would be rhythmically pulsating mind-energy fields.

Pulsating adjutant mind circuits are received by the cells in the brain of humans and secondary midwayers

Pulsating communication mind circuits are received presumably by some morontia organ within the bodies of superhuman beings.

Other than that, it has absolutely nothing at all to do with this topic except that mind substance (thought) comes in a wave form. And I don’t think those rhythmic pulsations  of mind ministry are slow enough to be felt as an actual vibration or pulse by human beings.  It would be more like radio waves or maybe light waves, too fast to see the actual wave. We see the effect of the wave after it hits matter, rods and cones, and is then translated by the brain.  We experience the effect of thought waves after they hit matter in the brain.

Do you remember that Adam and Eve could stay in mental contact with their immediate family for up to 50 miles because of some gas chamber near their brains?  They had a specialized organ that could send and receive mind-energy waves, or oscillations.  Wish I had one. But it lends credence to the idea that thought waves can exist out in the atmosphere somewhere for easy access by angels.  How those thoughts get back inside the head is the question at hand.  It could be the adjutants, but I think the Adjuster might have a hand in it too. Don’t know.  This is all a working theory.

74:6.6 Adam and Eve could communicate with each other and with their immediate children over a distance of about fifty miles. This thought exchange was effected by means of the delicate gas chambers located in close proximity to their brain structures. By this mechanism they could send and receive thought oscillations. But this power was instantly suspended upon the mind’s surrender to the discord and disruption of evil.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“Pulsating adjutant mind circuits are received by the cells in the brain of humans and secondary midwayers.”

I like the idea. Makes one wonder about what role the Life Carriers may have played in fostering the evolution of such cells, responsive to such waves. Does the evolution towards human-type intellect imply an evolution of responsiveness to all seven waves? In your working model, do you think this implies some kind of interface for each?

thanks for pursuing this!

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

do you think this implies some kind of interface for each?

Yes as I mentioned earlier in the thread and several times in last year’s study day, I think the interface is the Physical Controllers who are the mind ministry to the life within the nonteachable protoplasmic cell.

36:2.18 Mind such as man comprehends is an endowment of the seven adjutant mind-spirits superimposed on the nonteachable or mechanical levels of mind by the agencies of the Infinite Spirit.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“[…], I think the interface is the Physical Controllers who are the mind ministry to the life within the nonteachable protoplasmic cell.”

(36:2.18) “Mind such as man comprehends is an endowment of the seven adjutant mind-spirits superimposed on the nonteachable or mechanical levels of mind by the agencies of the Infinite Spirit.”

Ok, I think I get it! Does your “cartoon version” go something like this?

Let the adjutant circuits be that level of consciousness of the Divine Minister that she broadcasts throughout Nebadon. Then “physical controllers” somehow localize some quasi-physical function that mediates reception of those adjutant circuits in animals. And that animal in which the Life Carriers integrate receptivity to all seven rhythmic pulsations is defined to be the “human” of that world?

(710.5, 62:7.6) “[…]. For ages we had been on duty, assisted only by the seven adjutant mind-spirits and the Master Physical Controllers. And now, will, the power of choosing to worship and to ascend, having appeared in the evolutionary creatures of the planet, […]”

(730.1, 65:0.1) “[…]. As a result of the co-ordinate function of this threefold creativity there develops organismal physical capacity for mind — material mechanisms for intelligent reaction to external environmental stimuli and, later on, to internal stimuli, influences taking origin in the organismal mind itself.”

(730.6, 65:0.6) “[…]. The adjutant mind-spirits activate and regulate the adaptative or nonmechanical-teachable types of mind — those response mechanisms of organisms capable of learning from experience.”

Regarding those “response mechanisms” mentioned above (65:0.6), is there a cartoon version you can share about how such mechanisms actually work?  This would give our imaginations a springboard  :good:

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Then “physical controllers” somehow localize some quasi-physical function that mediates reception of those adjutant circuits in animals

Reception of the adjutant circuits is determined by capacity of the physical system.  The Physical Controllers are responsible for physical energy control and regulation. They are a form of intelligence that ministers to living things in the form of mechanical mind.  The adjutants are superimposed upon mechanical mind.  Mechanical mind is provided by the Physical Controllers who regulate, control and stabilize living physical energies within non-teachable organisms.  Living physical energies are those energies which have received the spark of life,  and life has the, ” . . . inherent capacity for the mobilization and transmutation of universal energy.”  The Physical Controllers are in charge of regulating and controlling the energies which have been mobilized and transmuted by life itself. The adjutants are superimposed upon this regulating and controlling mind ministry to life itself.  If you’re asking how the Physical Controllers regulate physical energies, I can tell you I don’t know exactly, but it’s most definitely at the molecular level.

Nigel Nunn wrote: And that animal in which the Life Carriers integrate receptivity to all seven rhythmic pulsations is defined to be the “human” of that world?

It only takes six adjutants to become human, or superanimal, and be considered personal.  All seven are required to become a bona fide human personality.

Regarding those “response mechanisms” mentioned above (65:0.6), is there a cartoon version you can share about how such mechanisms actually work?  This would give our imaginations a springboard

Are you asking me to provide a cartoon image of how the adjutants regulate and adapt the response mechanism involved in learning? If so, I think you have to go adjutant by adjutant because each one has their own specific type of stimulus, perhaps a frequency tuned to result in a certain response to its stimulus, the capacity for which must have evolved up from the work done by the cooperation of the Physical Controllers and life within the protoplasm.  Or are you wishing to have a more generalized cartoon where the frequency waves of a given adjutant stimulate the Physical Controller’s ability to regulate and control specific molecules within the brain and glands?  Not that I have such images to share, just curious where you’re going with this.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Previously, I wondered:

“And that animal in which the Life Carriers integrate receptivity to all seven rhythmic pulsations (117:5.7) is defined to be the “human” of that world?”

Bonita replied:

“It only takes six adjutants to become human, or superanimal, and be considered personal. All seven are required to become a bona fide human personality.”

From 62:6.5:

“Imagine our joy one day — the twins were about ten years old — when the spirit of worship made its first contact with the mind of the female twin and shortly thereafter with the male. We knew that something closely akin to human mind was approaching culmination; […]” (709.6, 62:6.5)

So, receptivity to six adjutants implied that “something closely akin to human mind” was “approaching culmination“?

“[…] and when, about a year later, they finally resolved, as a result of meditative thought and purposeful decision, to flee from home and journey north, then did the spirit of wisdom begin to function on Urantia and in these two now recognized human minds.” (709.6, 62:6.5)

But to be recognized as “human” mind, sounds like receptivity to all seven must be integrated.  Bonita, is there somewhere the authors suggest that human intellect can function without the seventh adjutant?

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The 6th circuit, the spirit of worship, is the very beginning of that overlap I always speak of.  This phenomenon is part of the description of the adjutant itself where we’re told that it is the first to separate creatures into two classes, animal and mortal.  When this adjutant has made contact, the creature crosses the threshold from animal to potential full fledged human.  Call it superanimal if you like.

36:5.11 6. The spirit of worship – the religious impulse, the first differential urge separating mind creatures into the two basic classes of mortal existence. The spirit of worship forever distinguishes the animal of its association from the soulless creatures of mind endowment. Worship is the badge of spiritual-ascension candidacy.

As soon as the sixth phase of adjutant ministry is experienced there occurs the inevitable phenomenon of overlapping ministries.

65:7.7 The adjutants function exclusively in the evolution of experiencing mind up to the level of the sixth phase, the spirit of worship. At this level there occurs that inevitable overlapping of ministry — the phenomenon of the higher reaching down to co-ordinate with the lower in anticipation of subsequent attainment of advanced levels of development.

What they are describing here is the very initial merging of the exclusively adjutant animal mind with the outskirts of the spiritual circuit of the Holy Spirit, which makes the mind superanimal with potential for full human functioning.

One of the things that is overlooked in the description of Andon and Fonta’s mind evolution is the fact that the 7th adjutant was  in contact with both of them for at least a year before they made their decision.  They would not have been able to make a wise decision without it.  It was acting upon that wise decision that proved 7th adjutant functional contact which triggered a new alignment in adjutant ministry of the planet. This phenomenon is described in the rest of the quote 65:7.7 where the 7th adjutant is fully overlapped by spirit ministry, meaning the Holy Spirit.  (And in post-Pentecost times, also the Spirit of Truth and the Adjuster.)

65:7.7 And still additional spirit ministry accompanies the action of the seventh and last adjutant, the spirit of wisdom. Throughout the ministry of the spirit world the individual never experiences abrupt transitions of spirit co-operation; always are these changes gradual and reciprocal.

This is when the announcement was made that Urantia was inhabited by bona fide human will-creatures.  These are creatures who are no longer superanimal with full human potential, but full humans with superhuman potential.  Their free-will, which initially began to respond to worship, finally arrived at a moral decision sponsored by the spirit of wisdom.   Prior to that point, with only the spirit of worship actively functioning, the creature is mortal with potential human bona fides pending the birth of the soul which indicates to the universe, ” . . . moral responsibility, and the capacity for the attainment of spiritual individuality.” (110:6.13)  The capacity for attainment of spiritual individuality is essentially the definition of superhuman, which requires a supermind, or a soul.  The birth of the soul provides the creature, who was once merely superanimal and now fully human, the capacity to attain superhuman status, all within the gradual and reciprocal overlapping of ministry provided by the spirit world.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

That thing about angels, they automatically know how many hairs are upon my head (fewer each day now, I know that much. And what constitutes a hair, do the angels include peach fuzz in their count?). So, will we, do you think, when we are “more like the angels” also have that remarkable, but apparently inherent, ability? And maybe many others, I expect the angels are math whizzes too (isn’t that in the book?). Wish I could know my angels. Tho I’m not sure, I may be just one of a thousand in their charge, and they have no time for my unending wonderings. It’s all the adjutants’ fault (I kid the adjutants).

Richard E Warren

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.