administration, I would like to formally lodge a complaint

Home Forums Support & Suggestions administration, I would like to formally lodge a complaint

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Forum member Bradly is harassing me. I asked him to stop but sadly he continues. I am requesting that you intervene.  This is ridiculous. I left the board a couple years ago because of Bradly and Bonita’s bullying and harassing. However,  I decided to give the board another try so I  came back in hopes things changed. This time I must admit, Bonita has not harassed me. But Bradly continues and has gotten worse with it.  I flagged one of his posts.

Regards.

BB

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi BB – As a fellow student, here to learn and discuss, I see Bradly’s feedback simply as an attempt to point out where your assumptions are inconsistent with statements in the papers.  Your threads tend to begin with a mis-reading or misunderstanding of some phrase, after which you more or less vigorously persist in defending your misunderstanding.

just my perspective — Nigel

Moderator-2

Hi BB,

Thank you for your message. The moderators will respond as soon as possible. M2

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Thank you.

Hi BB, Thank you for your message. The moderators will respond as soon as possible. M2

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    He insulted me, Nigel. I don’t have any problem with people sharing their opinion and disagreeing with me. But making negative personal statements ain’t cool, especially when the person was warned to cut it out.

Hi BB – As a fellow student, here to learn and discuss, I see Bradly’s feedback simply as an attempt to point out where your assumptions are inconsistent with statements in the papers. Your threads tend to begin with a mis-reading or misunderstanding of some phrase, after which you more or less vigorously persist in defending your misunderstanding. just my perspective — Nigel

BB

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry but I have to agree with BB, where Bradly’s apparent non-apology as he put it seemed sincere yesterday, but after reading this complaint from BB, I now know where it came from and why Bradly made it.  Therefore, even in his statement he mentions that his attitude although admittedly bad would probably not stay for any length of time, where now it seems that Bonita is attempting to follow in his footsteps although just being obnoxious to anything that I happen to say.  But, that seems to be par for the coarse on this forum, however many of the other UB forums are just as bad.  I was removed from another site because I refused to swear an allegiance to Michael as my God, where Bradly, under another name, was a participant.  I had enjoyed presenting contradiction which would spawn more detailed discussion to study TUB, but it seems apparent that the UB has produced people who have no idea of what Jesus’ teachings was all about, for the fruits that I see being produced, are spoiled. It has made me think that the problem that TUB will produce in the future will be worse then anyone could possibly think.  I will take a look from time to time, in order to get a chuckle but for the most part I’m done with this Forum and actually also done with the Urantia-Association because, personally I truly think that by allowing this kind of conduct is synonymous to the thinking of their whole organization.  I’m done here, and I know that there will be many who will be jumping up and down after reading this, like a bunch of children.  Heaven help all of you, because the worst is yet to come.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Midi – your misunderstandings about Lanonandeks, Adjusters and the First Source & Center make it seem as if you have not actually read the Urantia papers.  If so, this would help to explain your apparent confusion on so many issues we discuss on these forums.

Nigel

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Midi – your misunderstandings about Lanonandeks, Adjusters and the First Source & Center make it seem as if you have not actually read the Urantia papers. If so, this would help to explain your apparent confusion on so many issues we discuss on these forums. Nigel

And this is the type of attitude I refer too.  It would seem apparent that Nigel Nunn, by responding here, on a support thread, directed to to the Moderators of this site, defends those who have shown bad form, the arrogance which reflects back to the Urantia Association.  Where free-will to present alternate opinion is met with closed minds, in that if you are not with me, you are against me, or in this case TUB.  To indicate that I have not read the Urantia Papers, indicates that any viewpoint that I may have, or anyone may have, which may not go along the same as the minority status quo who seem to bully anyone’s opinion, goes against the teachings of Jesus, and the love of the Heavenly Father of all.  The fact that the UB proclamation that we are all the sons of god, would indicate that this proclamation feeds to promote anti-brotherhood and that god is a respecter of only an elect few.  There have been a few individuals who have signed on this forum and presented subject matter that may have been less in line with the status quo, and have, as is evident in their retroactive posts, saying that they will no longer contribute because of the responses received here.  They were bullied out of the forum, and no one in authority on this forum or in the Association, seems to care of how these people are being treated, as low level animals, where this reflects back to the general attitude of the Association.

I have participated in many Conferences presented by or through the Association, in order to get to know the general population who support TUB, even attending several study groups presented by those Conferences, where the instructors have set an agenda and when an attendant presents a question that may not follow along that agenda, they are told that they are wrong in their thinking, and then told how they should be thinking as the instructor proposes; In essence, to brainwash interested persons from their personal way of thinking, which seems synonymous to building a cult of followers, who will not deviate from an individualized understanding, and is not what can be found in TUB.

Besides the fact that you are entitled to your opinion Nigel, who’s to say that you are not the one who is confused?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

An interesting situation….thanks Nigel for support of my intentions and objectives, if not my tactics and style!!   ;-)

First let me say I regret being the cause for the mods consideration of BB’s complaint.  I will certainly abide, most willingly, with your judgement in the matter (not personal judgement but determination of the greater good for the greater number here as you think best for this ‘fold’ of fellow students).  Be it public/group rebuke, censorship, time-out, or “blocked”, I do not envy your responsibilities and understand the gravity of them here and I know that the patterns of heaven in such administrative and arbitrational disputes depends on experiential group wisdom.  For me, it shall be as you say it is to be.

BB’s complaint is not without merit.  As I have posted, I believe BB is personally wrestling, at a point of study and appreciation of the Revelation, with the impossibility of its claims for itself.  I empathize.  I certainly reached such a point of study myself and think most students – both those who come to embrace the Papers as epochal revelation AND those who ultimately dismiss and abandon it – reach if they persist long enough in its study.  I have known BB for about 5 years, first posting on TruthBook as “kahanya”, and found him to be a most sincere student with excellent questions and penetrating perception.  More recently, posting as brooklyn_born, he seems eager to discover and present conflicts and contradictions he perceives in text and unwilling to accept correction or disagreement by any party who posts text contradictory to his perceived contradictions – or simply points out the ‘solution’ to his quandary within the very text BB posted himself.

I called BB a “Wanna Be Debunker” recently (the post CC cited with “Inappropriate Content”).  I cannot disagree.  Impatience, immaturity, and frustration was expressed by me….and indeed it was and is inappropriate.  A review of the topic originated by BB at this link might provide a useful illustration to BB’s state of mind and perception regarding his very real quest for contradiction (there are several other recent examples in multiple topics):

https://urantia-association.org/forums/topic/problematic-revelation-on-celestial-guardians/

As to Midichlorian who posted at TruthBook as ‘Caligastia’ –  has a long and prolific posting history which speaks for itself, as he says above:  “I had enjoyed presenting contradiction…”  (although he never has succeeded in this specific objective, he is relentless in his attempts to do so).  By his own public posts over many years,  is dissatisfied with suffering and its explanations for it in the Papers.  He appears angry with God or with the failure of those called to create, rule, and administer Creation.  Quite understandable.  Another common phase of religious and philosophical growth.  Midi suffers and has suffered and that suffering is very real.  He also sees and deeply empathizes with the suffering of others…and seeks answers for ‘why’.  A noble concern!

However….his answers for this are articulated as diametrical contradictions to the Revelation’s contents…and its total and integrated message of the reality of a friendly universe where the sanctity of free will offers both true and false liberty, each with very different repercussions.

My personal belief is that within in the context of any study group of sincere students of the Papers that contradictions to the text should not go unnoticed or without objection.  I have found both BB and Midi to be very stimulating for personal reflection, research in the text, and development of articulation skills when disagreement, debate, and conflict comes into play.  This is why I have never asked a mod to censor or remove another student…even if I think them (the student) to be insincere or with ulterior motives in their posts.

I think the student body is threatened in some ways by those who seek to discredit the Revelation and its students (and /Midi/Cali frequently slanders all other sincere students as stupid and weak minded – it is not merely personally directed at me).  See the posts above:

“… it seems apparent that the UB has produced people who have no idea of what Jesus’ teachings was all about, for the fruits that I see being produced, are spoiled. It has made me think that the problem that TUB will produce in the future will be worse then anyone could possibly think.  I will take a look from time to time, in order to get a chuckle…”

“And this is the type of attitude I refer too.  It would seem apparent that Nigel Nunn, by responding here, on a support thread, directed to to the Moderators of this site, defends those who have shown bad form, the arrogance which reflects back to the Urantia Association.”

“They were bullied out of the forum, and no one in authority on this forum or in the Association, seems to care of how these people are being treated, as low level animals, where this reflects back to the general attitude of the Association.”

“In essence, to brainwash interested persons from their personal way of thinking, which seems synonymous to building a cult of followers, who will not deviate from an individualized understanding…”

And yet….the readership will come under far greater attack, more ferocious and more public and more subtle and more skillful, in the days ahead.  If mods and organizations merely shut out and temporarily silence such voices, this may very well be an unwise and too early a form of defense.  We need to grow antibodies and immune response systems within the movement based on experience in coping, surviving, and overcoming these viral agents who arrive often in sheep’s clothing seeking to discredit, disrupt, derail, and if possible destroy study groups and organizations…and the movement itself.

There are real enemies to the truth…any truth they do not believe.  The UB student body and movement must learn to stand up to these agents of the enemies of Truth.  And there are many.

I don’t believe BB or Midi are such.  I find them bewildered and in search of true understanding for their own personal growth in the Spirit.  While I may disagree with their strategies and expressions regarding the Revelation and the study of its contents – I do not believe they actively engage in disputes, disagreements, debates, or even the passionate pursuit of so-called “contradictions” for the purpose of de-railing study of the Revelation or the movement.  I empathize with them both while I often do allow my frustrations and impatience to override anything resembling the Master’s superb example of how to respond to and deal with those who deliver frustration and impatience.  How many times did he inquire…”How long must I put up with this and you?”

None of the above is a reason or excuse for personal attacks or petty behavior on my or anyone’s part.  I must say, our fellow student and masterful scholar Bonita has demonstrated an amazing transformation in her own maturation and has given me both pause and sage advice for my further growth and maturity.

I sometimes think there is a need for what might be described as Truth Warriors – those unafraid to engage falsehood, deception, and agendas of disruption.  And I think newer students and more timid (or is it wise?) souls are silenced and not well served by either the disrupters or the clumsy responders (like me) to those who distort, misrepresent, misstate, and falsify the Papers.  Quite a quandary indeed!  Others give a far more effective and wiser example than I do…but I learn thereby and thank God for them!

Thanks for this ‘fold’ of students and believers and all you as hosts and mods do to provide this place of study and socialization.  And thanks for hearing me out.  I have erred and I will err again I’m sure in some or many of my posts.  It is the tadpole way.  But I do learn and look forward to your determinations and guidance.  Thanks to all who attend and especially those who post and most especially to those who are unafraid to oppose falsehood.

And you friend Nigel….the very first to welcome me here…and TruthBook….and UBRON…you and Rick W. (who advised me to put my ‘big boy pants’ on and tighten my chin strap to enter the “biker bar on the internet highway” known as UBRON…haha…good advice indeed!) are the truest of friends and champions of the Revelation.  God bless you….and thanks a million!

:-)

Bradly   aka fanofVan!

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

And thanks for hearing me out.

. . . and thank you, Bradly, for explaining to forum readers where you are, regarding this issue!

171:7.1  Jesus spread good cheer everywhere he went. He was full of grace and truth. His associates never ceased to wonder at the gracious words that proceeded out of his mouth. You can cultivate gracefulness, but graciousness is the aroma of friendliness which emanates from a love-saturated soul.
    2:7.6  Divine truth is best known by its spiritual flavor.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I rest my case, where the following comes from a person, admittedly who works as an executive, in the administration of the Urantia Association, therefore speaks for the the Urantia Association.

Thank you in advance for the following comments from the Administration of the Urantia Association.

An interesting situation….thanks Nigel for support of my intentions and objectives, if not my tactics and style!! ;-) First let me say I regret being the cause for the mods consideration of BB’s complaint. I will certainly abide, most willingly, with your judgement in the matter (not personal judgement but determination of the greater good for the greater number here as you think best for this ‘fold’ of fellow students). Be it public/group rebuke, censorship, time-out, or “blocked”, I do not envy your responsibilities and understand the gravity of them here and I know that the patterns of heaven in such administrative and arbitrational disputes depends on experiential group wisdom. For me, it shall be as you say it is to be. BB’s complaint is not without merit. As I have posted, I believe BB is personally wrestling, at a point of study and appreciation of the Revelation, with the impossibility of its claims for itself. I empathize. I certainly reached such a point of study myself and think most students – both those who come to embrace the Papers as epochal revelation AND those who ultimately dismiss and abandon it – reach if they persist long enough in its study. I have known BB for about 5 years, first posting on TruthBook as “kahanya”, and found him to be a most sincere student with excellent questions and penetrating perception. More recently, posting as brooklyn_born, he seems eager to discover and present conflicts and contradictions he perceives in text and unwilling to accept correction or disagreement by any party who posts text contradictory to his perceived contradictions – or simply points out the ‘solution’ to his quandary within the very text BB posted himself. I called BB a “Wanna Be Debunker” recently (the post CC cited with “Inappropriate Content”). I cannot disagree. Impatience, immaturity, and frustration was expressed by me….and indeed it was and is inappropriate. A review of the topic originated by BB at this link might provide a useful illustration to BB’s state of mind and perception regarding his very real quest for contradiction (there are several other recent examples in multiple topics): https://urantia-association.org/forums/topic/problematic-revelation-on-celestial-guardians/ As to Midichlorian who posted at TruthBook as ‘Caligastia’ –  has a long and prolific posting history which speaks for itself, as he says above: “I had enjoyed presenting contradiction…” (although he never has succeeded in this specific objective, he is relentless in his attempts to do so). By his own public posts over many years,  is dissatisfied with suffering and its explanations for it in the Papers. He appears angry with God or with the failure of those called to create, rule, and administer Creation. Quite understandable. Another common phase of religious and philosophical growth. Midi suffers and has suffered and that suffering is very real. He also sees and deeply empathizes with the suffering of others…and seeks answers for ‘why’. A noble concern! However….his answers for this are articulated as diametrical contradictions to the Revelation’s contents…and its total and integrated message of the reality of a friendly universe where the sanctity of free will offers both true and false liberty, each with very different repercussions. My personal belief is that within in the context of any study group of sincere students of the Papers that contradictions to the text should not go unnoticed or without objection. I have found both BB and Midi to be very stimulating for personal reflection, research in the text, and development of articulation skills when disagreement, debate, and conflict comes into play. This is why I have never asked a mod to censor or remove another student…even if I think them (the student) to be insincere or with ulterior motives in their posts. I think the student body is threatened in some ways by those who seek to discredit the Revelation and its students (and /Midi/Cali frequently slanders all other sincere students as stupid and weak minded – it is not merely personally directed at me). See above: “… it seems apparent that the UB has produced people who have no idea of what Jesus’ teachings was all about, for the fruits that I see being produced, are spoiled. It has made me think that the problem that TUB will produce in the future will be worse then anyone could possibly think. I will take a look from time to time, in order to get a chuckle…” And yet….the readership will come under far greater attack, more ferocious and more public and more subtle and more skillful, in the days ahead. If mods and organizations merely shut out and temporarily silence such voices, this may very well be an unwise and too early a form of defense. We need to grow antibodies and immune response systems within the movement based on experience in coping, surviving, and overcoming these viral agents who arrive often in sheep’s clothing seeking to discredit, disrupt, derail, and if possible destroy study groups and organizations…and the movement itself. There are real enemies to the truth…any truth they do not believe. The UB student body and movement must learn to stand up to these agents of the enemies of Truth. And there are many. I don’t believe BB or Midi are such. I find them bewildered and in search of true understanding for their own personal growth in the Spirit. While I may disagree with their strategies and expressions regarding the Revelation and the study of its contents – I do not believe they actively engage in disputes, disagreements, debates, or even the passionate pursuit of so-called “contradictions” for the purpose of de-railing study of the Revelation or the movement. I empathize with them both while I often do allow my frustrations and impatience to override anything resembling the Master’s superb example of how to respond to and deal with those who deliver frustration and impatience. How many times did he inquire…”How long must I put up with this and you?” None of the above is a reason or excuse for personal attacks or petty behavior on my or anyone’s part. I must say, our fellow student and masterful scholar Bonita has demonstrated an amazing transformation in her own maturation and has given me both pause and sage advice for my further growth and maturity. I sometimes think there is a need for what might be described as Truth Warriors – those unafraid to engage falsehood, deception, and agendas of disruption. And I think newer students and more timid (or is it wise?) souls are silenced and not well served by either the disrupters or the clumsy responders (like me) to those who distort, misrepresent, misstate, and falsify the Papers. Quite a quandary indeed! Others give a far more effective and wiser example than I do…but I learn thereby and thank God for them! Thanks for this ‘fold’ of students and believers and all you as hosts and mods do to provide this place of study and socialization. And thanks for hearing me out. I have erred and I will err again I’m sure in some or many of my posts. It is the tadpole way. But I do learn and look forward to your determinations and guidance. Thanks to all who attend and especially those who post and most especially to those who are unafraid to oppose falsehood. And you friend Nigel….the very first to welcome me here…and TruthBook….and UBRON…you and Rick W. (who advised me to put my ‘big boy pants’ on and tighten my chin strap to enter the “biker bar on the internet highway” known as UBRON…haha…good advice indeed!) are the truest of friends and champions of the Revelation. God bless you….and thanks a million! :-) Bradly aka fanofVan!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Based on BB’s assertion above that Bonita and I were responsible for…”I left the board a couple years ago because of Bradly and Bonita’s bullying and harassing.”, I went back to BB’s last topics from a couple of years ago to remind me of that which I did not recall, my or Bonita’s bullying and harassing BB….ever.  I cannot find any evidence of such cause or complaint regarding his decision to leave us for a season of nearly 2.5 years.  Indeed, I found just the opposite.

So I look forward to those historical records which might lend credibility to his claim above.  Indeed, the last 3-6 topics started by BB (pages 10-12 in General Discussion topics) were quite interesting and BB seemed pleased with both Bonita and myself and many other posters here for the discussion and references to the UB.  Some did get contentious…but with one who has been blocked here 2 times (emanny, Sabinatu – the same person who changed identities within the same discussion and one who has posted as loucol, Manny, JohnnyBones, and now as toto – the Ankle Biter I call him – who has been kicked off and blocked at TB at least 5 times in 5 years) and with Midi….but not between Bonita or I and BB.  The link below goes to an interesting and lengthy (and often contentious) discussion as a good example of the relationships back then.

https://urantia-association.org/forums/topic/did-the-midwayers-narrate-church-history-as-war-in-heaven/

You will notice BB’s intensity to understand the UB’s contents and a variety of interesting topics he began in his quest for truth and fact in the contents of the UB.  Something, over time, seems to have turned BB’s attention less toward understanding and discussion and more toward perceived, contrived, and hoped for contradictions in the UB.  Don’t know what happened or is happening now….but Bonita and I stand wrongly accused by BB’s claim of being driven off by our brutality!!

Something’s amiss here.   :-(

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I rest my case, where the following comes from a person, admittedly who works as an executive, in the administration of the Urantia Association, therefore speaks for the the Urantia Association.

A common and frequent accusation of yours Midi….with the standard reply….I was a forumite long before a volunteer in service to the Association.  And I speak for no other person, group of persons, or organization.  But your slanderous opinion of both me and the Association is a common theme of yours as noted above.

For me….sometimes the insults from some quarters rise to the best of all compliments.  Thank you.

:good:

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Hahahahhaha….who’d of thought a most appropriate complaint by BB might itself turn into such a Donnybrook???  What a hoot!

;-)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Well, these spats seem to break out from time to time.  Get over it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.