ACIM & UB

Home Forums Personal Experiences ACIM & UB

12 sujets de 1 à 12 (sur un total de 12)
  • Auteur
    magmasloth
    magmasloth
    Bloqué

Hi everyone! :D I’m not entirely sure if this is the appropriate sub-forum to discuss this but it’s a matter i’ve been really concerned about lately. So, this shouldn’t come as a surprise, but of all the channeled or dictated spiritual works i’ve read, from the seth material to the law of one, although there is some very interesting information out there the only one that i’ve been able to safely regard as absolute truth is the urantia book. i’ve started reading A Course in Miracles, i’m about 4 chapters in, this book was supposedly dictated by jesus, micheal of nebadon himself. the information in ACIM is really interesting, the book certainly seems to be presented with the highest motives, for anyone who hasn’t looked into it you can find free pdfs scattered around online.

but when searching online for connections between acim & urantia i’ve found that there are those who suspect the book isn’t channeled by jesus at all, but rather by caligastia in an attempt to validate is non-existence. namely this page:

http://www.freeurantia.org/acim.htm

i would greatly appreciate some opinions & insights, i would love to believe that acim is a genuine workbook for students & teachers, it’s such a great idea for a book, & i have percieved much of it as truth, for example the hierarchy of the body, ego, mind, & knowledge.

There's a Urantia discord channel! This is a very intuitive platform for conversation and media sharing. If you have discord, enter this into the join server inquiry: TU5NzeD

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    magmasloth wrote: . . . the book certainly seems to be presented with the highest motives . . .
    Eve had the highest of motives too, yet she committed a horrible error for which we continue to pay dearly to this day.
    ACIM is channeled material from the subconscious mind of Ms. Schucman.  Such information can be found in the subconscious minds of any number of people.  And although some subconscious material can be helpful, for the most part it is flotsam and jetsam.
    I tried for years to make sense of that book and it never clicked.  It’s mostly gibberish.  Some people like gibberish.  To each their own.  And incidentally, the UB is not channeled, so you cannot compare the two on that basis.  And, that’s about all I have to say on the subject.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I tried to read it a few years back.  I started with the one for teachers, figuring it would be more succinct. And I couldn’t made heads or tails of it.  To me it was gobbledygook.  Didn’t make any sense to me.  I read with an open mind.  This was my method.  I read it paragraph by paragraph.  Upon reading one paragraph, I stopped and asked myself to summarize what I just read in my own words.  I couldn’t do it.  To me it is woo-woo talk.

As you say, « the only one that i’ve been able to safely regard as absolute truth is the urantia book. »  Same for me.  While there are difficult paragraphs and sections in the UB, you can open it up anywhere and read paragraphs that make sense, and, while some of the sentences are very long, they are comprehensible and straightforward.  The quality of it is not trumped by other books in my opinion.

magmasloth
    magmasloth
    Bloqué

thanks for ur opinions guys, i suppose i shouldn’t waste my time with it any longer, i have noticed how it seems to ramble esoteric metaphysics much like the seth material, it certainly lacks the scientific coherency found in urantia.

while on the topic of scrutiny, what are your guys’s opinions on gabriel of urantia ( anthony delevin) & his « extension of the urantia book » (cosmic family volumes)

There's a Urantia discord channel! This is a very intuitive platform for conversation and media sharing. If you have discord, enter this into the join server inquiry: TU5NzeD

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Since I once belonged to a religious cult, I credit myself an authority on the guru-types.  I’ve experienced both and it is so seductive, intoxicating,  to have a following –  such an ego trip.  I am amazed anyone goes in for such nonsense, but then I am also pointing a finger at myself for drinking the cool-aid at a different time in my life.  And yes, I remember the Jonestown cult.  The question in my mind is why do people drink the cool-aid?  Obviously they are looking for something.  Maybe they are looking for something dumbed down.  Maybe they are looking for  interpretations of others, rather than doing the work of studying the original material.  Maybe, maybe, maybe.  I have a friend who sold everything she had and went off to Arizona to join up with Gabriel’s cult.  In the end the mind is the arena of choice.  111:1:0

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Mara wrote:  The question in my mind is why do people drink the cool-aid?

Some people want to be led – told what to do and told what to think.  They have a low tolerance for ambiguity and need absolute answers right now by someone with « supposed » authority.  Usually there is some level of disillusionment with other sources of authority and an acute desire to belong.  I think highly idealistic young people are most susceptible.  Youths tend to be gullible, have low confidence and susceptibility to idol worship.  Just a few generalized reasons, certainly not the only ones.  But I always say, a blank mind equals a blank life.  Cult-brain is no different than a brain on drugs. Remember that commercial with the eggs in the frying pan?

Anonyme
    Inactif

what are your guys’s opinions on gabriel of urantia ( anthony delevin) & his “extension of the urantia book” (cosmic family volumes)

As to Antony Delevin, AKA: « Gabriel of Urantia », I have, a few months ago read both Volumes of « Cosmic Family », and I was more interested in the way which it was edited and manipulated, however, I must admit they were interesting but true to form leading a cult faction.  A. Delevin has an interesting story behind his following and there has been one TV news report (video), I believe from ABC, [correction – Dateline NBC on Gabriel of Sedona (1998)]

which I have on my computer somewhere which his group has been attempting to get removed from the internet and from being rebroadcast.  If one were to see this report, you might find that there is a problem at the Arizona retreat and I would not be welcome there, should I ever visit this location, but nor would I be interested other than to perform some sort of intervention.

Personally, I would stay away from this sort, but I must admit, the two volumes are very interesting and one would think that it might countermine the Urantia Book even though it uses it as a precursor for its introduction.  I am waiting for the next volume, to come out just to stay on top of this situation.

P.S.: The actual « Dateline NBC on Gabriel of Sedona (1998) » presentation is no longer available, however there is a movement to preserve the video.  The only thing currently available is the MP3 audio recording of the « Dateline » report.

http://nhne-pulse.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/dateline_1998_gabriel_of_sedona.mp3

magmasloth
    magmasloth
    Bloqué

here ya go! :D

this man is certainly a cult leader feeding his ego.

also thanks for redirecting me to paper 111 mara! i reread that cluster of papers regarding the mystery monitors & it’s surprisingly exactly what i needed to see at this point in my life as well as what i needed to read to my gf XD funny how things work out like that.

André
    André
    Participant

Dear everyone,

I do not post often, but I referred to this forum often when need to clarify a point of view concerning perspectives… As UB encourages us to do sharing one another for greater alignment …. recognition of religious living in others… sharing one’s spiritual life with one’s fellows. [100:1.8]

Concerning this tab about experiencing different avenues.

I am 57 and born  »catholic » on my spiritual journey I experienced at 17 join a sect. Was I aware I’ll be led what to do, what to think? No. Experiencing is vital and all in our ascension.

While your religion is a matter of personal experience, it is most important that you should be exposed to the knowledge of a vast number of other religious experiences (the diverse interpretations of other and diverse mortals) to the end that you may prevent your religious life from becoming egocentric – circumscribed, selfish, and unsocial. (103:1.3)

All children of God, all my sisters and brothers in the vast creation, we are  »set »  »drive » from our creation to stand in front of Our Universal Father… The God of all creation, the First Source and Center of all things and beings. (1:0.1)

How interesting magmasloth your subject about our human perception of truth !!!

versus
    The bestowal of the Spirit of Truth, man is subject to the teaching and guidance of a threefold spirit endowment: the spirit of the Father, the Thought Adjuster; the spirit of the Son, the Spirit of Truth; the spirit of the Spirit, the Holy Spirit. (194:2.11)

I would like to share a similar experience concerning  »experiencing the truth ».

It’s been over 25 yrs I read UB. I attend many study groups, school UBIS. Nothing ever outclassed UB.

Everything I experience, I do it under the guidance of my Divine partner (T/A) and spiritual ministry.

A while ago attending a study group few among the group suggest a book considering it  »the next following step forward UB ». But because the book content was too much  »spiritual » we need a course to be equipped to read it.

Nevertheless, I got the book and read it.

The book was so  »mind blowing » it took me a good 2 months to stabilize my balance. In my  »personal » point of view, I didn’t need to be attuned by a pre-course to engage. 2 yrs later, I still abide by my decision. The guidance of my T/A was ALL I trust (point final).

The book was well mingle with sophisms, and truth.
    Def: A sophism is a statement to deceive someone in a debate or conversation. It might be made to seem to make sense when really being wrong, or it might use difficult words and complicated sentences to intimidate the audience into agreeing.

… just to let you know how I was feeling or perceiving….

As I close the book, I said…

•  »Well, why do I need ascension if I am God. »

And some sophisms were…

•  »I am God who disguise myself in temptation to test you. »
    •  » Your origin is from heavens »
    •  »goal, to reach a impersonal life »

… So to do a good homeworks after two months I decide to reread the book and highlight sophisms/truths.

I made 3/4 of the book and decide to stop there because it was obvious to me who was the author of the book as I wrote, highlight and underline.
    ————————… By the way, my name is Caligastia————————————–

bjleblanc
    Participant

I know this is an old thread but I just did a search and found it. I have studied both the Urantia book and Course in Miracles for more than 30 years. The Urantia book always made sense to me but the Course in Miracles was a struggle. One day I heard about a court case challenging the Course copyright. The court ruled that the Course was public domain and along with it several versions of notes in shorthand taken by the scribe. These notes reveal a very different course from the current community of readers. Consequently a division currently exists within the Course in Miracles community. Once I started reading the notes the Course took on new meaning. It turns out, Ken Wapnick edited the Course and forced his interpretation on the community through legal means. This is why the current interpretation of the Course does not agree with the Urantia book. The notes clear up the confusion for me. It’s too complex to discuss in this thread but I am attaching a PDF file of random parallels I found over the years. It is not well edited, it is my notes as I study. I think you will be surprised at the similarities. I have more if anyone is interested. See attached file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    bjleblanc
    Participant

If anyone is interested in more on this subject feel free to join my facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ubcourse/

chucksmith1982
    Participant

Hello. Another thread you might want to check out is A Course In Miracles and Tub, although I can’t remember if I put the topic in caps or not. It is in the general discussions section. I had a few questions myself and started it to answer them. My questions were answered to my satisfaction.

12 sujets de 1 à 12 (sur un total de 12)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.