2019 International Study Day

Home Forums Online Urantia Book Study Groups International Study Days 2019 International Study Day

Viewing 2 posts - 91 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Thanks Bonita for this wonderful restatement of your insight into matters of the soul!

Bonita wrote:

“Also, I was a little surprised last night when I realized that you didn’t know, or forgot, that the psychic circles involve soul growth, which is essentially survivable character growth.”

To come to my own defence, surely we can all take for granted that personal progress through those “psychic circles of mortal progression” (110:6.16) implies a corresponding development of the associated soul ?!

So to return to the heart of the matter (can the Holy Spirit create a soul, or is some action required by the Universal Father), these two sections: 40:5 – Mortals of Time and Space  and  49:6 – Terrestrial Escape  seem to imply (at least to me) that any souls that exist have had some association with (or touch from) the Universal Father (e.g., Adjuster association). See especially 40:5.18,19.

So to try and sharpen the question one last time, how about this:

Is the human soul nothing but morontia mind, or something far more miraculous, which uses morontia mind?

As always, thanks for putting so much effort and thought into exploring this!

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    There’s no doubt that the revelators are primarily concerned about relaying detailed information about Adjuster-fusion personalities.  That seems to be at the heart of the message.  The fact that they leave out some juicy details about those circle-making souls who must perform additional feats of faith in order to host an Adjuster is obvious to me.  Why they leave these details out, I don’t know. Maybe because the book is already over 2000 pages and the knowledge and understanding of those details are of no particular significance to us.  They do drop numerous hints, breadcrumbs as I see it, but never actually lead us to the precise words which make it clear to our finite minds. Therefore, I can only relate my experience with breadcrumb collection and describe the place it brings me to.  Your personal breadcrumb collection may bring you to a different place, and that’s all well and good.  I’m down with that.

Is the human soul nothing but morontia mind, or something far more miraculous, which uses morontia mind?

The soul is the morontia mind within which spiritualized thoughts, spiritually significant memories and the memory of survivable character traits are housed as potentially ongoing personality identity. The Holy Spirit, the supermind of the soul, is also the spirit of the personality of the Creative Spirit, our Universe Mother whose character is mind ministry.  Even without the presence of other Spirit personalities or pre-personalities, she is that miraculous something using the morontia mind to ” . . . enlarge man’s viewpoint of ethics, religion, and spirituality.”   Ethics requires internal spiritual and religious developments.  Spiritual developments require an internal Spirit, and the Holy Spirit adequately fulfills that need long before the universal coming of the Adjusters.

102:8.4 Ethics is the external social or racial mirror which faithfully reflects the otherwise unobservable progress of internal spiritual and religious developments.

103:0.1 Man’s first supermind endowment is that of personality encircuitment in the Holy Spirit of the Universe Creative Spirit; and long before either the bestowals of the divine Sons or the universal bestowal of the Adjusters, this influence functions to enlarge man’s viewpoint of ethics, religion, and spirituality.

As stated, in those situations prior to Pentecost where an Adjuster was delayed in coming, the Holy Spirit provided those internal spiritual developments as described above.  When an Adjuster arrives, there is an individualized augmentation of the early work of the Holy Spirit. The Adjuster is not a circuit like the Holy Spirit, but an actual God fragment which individualizes internal spiritual stimuli within the soul.

2:5.10 It is the indwelling Adjuster who individualizes the love of God to each human soul.

108:6.4 The Adjuster is the wellspring of spiritual attainment and the hope of divine character within you. He is the power, privilege, and the possibility of survival, which so fully and forever distinguishes you from mere animal creatures. He is the higher and truly internal spiritual stimulus of thought in contrast with the external and physical stimulus, which reaches the mind over the nerve-energy mechanism of the material body.

As always, thanks for putting so much effort and thought into exploring this!

As always, thanks for caring.

Viewing 2 posts - 91 through 92 (of 92 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.