Suggestions of a Solitary Messenger
The following list of meditation mantras is taken from the practical suggestions and spiritual attitudes required for Adjuster contact as presented by a Solitary Messenger in The Urantia Book, Papers 107-111. I’ve taken the liberty of paraphrasing these directives in a positive and active voice and, therefore, all interpretations and possible errors are my own. I encourage all readers to verify the content for themselves. This is by no means a comprehensive list of the many spiritual suggestions and techniques for Adjuster communion given to us throughout the book.
The Adjusters are the will of God… [Paper 108:4.2, page 1190.3]
- I will avoid all physical poisons to maintain a balanced electrochemical state for Spirit communion.
- I will avoid all mental poisons such as fear, anxiety, anger, envy, jealousy, suspicion, and intolerance – and will seek spiritual help whenever such thoughts arise.
- I will seek balance in my life by attempting to harmonize my physical, mental, and spiritual powers, achieving equal growth in all three.
- I will maintain a focused and steady mental attitude through prayer and worship, clearing my mind of all preconceived notions, settled ideas, and long-standing prejudices.
- I will love, cherish, and trust my Divine Father with all my heart – I honestly desire to be perfect like him.
- I willingly and cheerfully accept my Father’s established program for my intellectual and spiritual development, even if I am not conscious of what it is.
- With joy and eagerness, I will fully cooperate with the leading of the Divine Spirit. I am willing to make courageous decisions to do and to be whatever it takes.
- I will harmonize with the Spirit within me by consciously choosing to pursue the divine realities of truth, beauty, and goodness, which I will express in my life through love, compassion, and ministry.
- I will always attempt to make clear, conscious decisions about everything that I think, say, or do, measuring each of my decisions against the yardsticks of truth, beauty, and goodness.
- I will consecrate my life – all my thoughts, words, and deeds – by cooperating with the Divine Presence. It is my will that God’s will be done.
- I pray for courage and self-confidence to do my Father’s will — but please deliver me from pride and vanity.
- I will replace all sordid and selfish thoughts with a reverence for divine beauty and ministry to others.
- I will make a concerted effort to love all people and to serve them willingly.
- I will remain indifferent to any manifestation of my Spirit’s presence. I will accept it through faith and react passively, avoiding over-emotional reactions to spiritual progress.
- I realize I truly belong in a greater universe and I joyfully accept my cosmic citizenship. I recognize that I have a spiritual obligation to the continuing evolution of the Supreme Being.
- Before sleep, I will fully approve all attempts of my Father’s Spirit to register spirit creations in my super-consciousness.
- I allow the Divine Spirit to show me the real motive, the final aim, and the eternal purpose of my life’s struggle. I allow him to fight the good fight with me and for me.
- I allow the Divine Spirit to strengthen me with spiritual truths of cosmic power.
- I allow the Spirit of Truth, the Mother Spirit, and the Father Spirit to recreate me as a spiritual being.
To receive God’s help, all one needs to do is to “imagine, accept, and believe that God is helping you.”— A. K. Mozumdar, The Triumphant Spirit, 1931