Dear Friends and Readers of The Urantia Book,
It is a pleasure to inform you about the latest activities of Urantia Association’s Education Committee.
We are organizing a cycle of monthly live webinars. On March 24, the Association’s Study Groups Committee Chair, Gaetan Charland, presented the theme “Improving the Quality and Effectiveness of Study Groups.” In this webinar, Gaetan explored how study groups may be improved to work toward fulfilling The Urantia Book’s mission, as stated in the book:
…to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception. [Paper 0:0.2, page 1.2]
Our attention was brought to the challenge as stated at the end of Paper 196:
…The great challenge to modern man is to achieve better communication with the divine Monitor that dwells within the human mind. [Paper 196:3.34, page 2097.2]
To improve effectiveness in your study group, Gaetan offered the following suggestions:
- Have some clear objectives and share them with the group.
- Acquire new techniques of learning and teaching.
- Introduce new ways of studying The Urantia Book.
- Help students become involved in service-projects.
- Focus on spiritual and intellectual growth.
- Encourage participants of your group to make presentations to the group.
- As a host, take UBIS courses to improve your skills at facilitating your group.
- Use presentations or study aids to foster teaching skills.
- Nurture potential leaders and teachers in your groups by sharing responsibilities.
- Make your study group more dynamic by changing the format.
You can view this instructive presentation on the Association’s YouTube channel at: https://youtu.be/xLCKFD7kluw
On April 28, the Association’s Judicial Commissioner, Benet Rutenberg, presented a webinar on “Spiritual Unity and the Spirit of Truth.”
Benet was inspired to make this presentation through two avenues of development beginning about ten years ago. He said:
The ongoing discussion of unity within our Urantia community is a cause with many faces, hopes and beliefs. All of these desires are well intended. And all of them require a sound foundation of spiritual truth and values, a firm structure of intellectual meanings and the necessity of being grounded in material fact. The purpose of this discussion on Spiritual Unity is to elevate our awareness and comprehension to the spiritual level so that we may sometime enjoy not only the hope of success but also the facts, meanings and values which will bring the satisfaction of spiritual growth necessary for seeking the heavenly first with all that is needful following in the wake.
The second avenue of discovery is found in the study of The Spirit of Truth along with a more comprehensive inclusion of the related factors of: living in the presence of God—Adjuster contact, the influence of Michael’s Spirit of Truth and of the Holy Spirit, and how we relate in and to the Supreme. When we live in the presence of God we are the brotherhood of man. As these are all high spiritual realities they may be accessed only on spiritual planes. At NO time have we not had—do we not have—the possibility and the actuality of Spiritual Unity.
When and as we live and work in partnership with God, the will of God brings forth what is needed. As a boat moves through the water, so we will move through time and into eternity. In the wake of progress, it is the strong, powerful and persistent decisions that bring us to a place where we all are united in spirit even as we work through diverse means towards the exact same ends. In the wake of faith union with the living Jesus will be found spiritual unity and all else our united wills require.
You can see the Benet’s presentation on the Association’s YouTube channel at: https://youtu.be/zerUMpo1vTI
In addition, our Urantia Association Education Committee organized a Spanish Online Workshop series, with 13 sessions, about “Leadership and Teaching According to The Urantia Book Teachings.” This series was sponsored by the Urantia Association of Brazil. Some themes presented in this workshop series were:
- “The Urantia Book Publication Mandate and the Training of Leaders and Teachers” presented by Jeannie Vázquez (Uruguay)
- “The Connection with the Spirit of Truth” presented by Gerardo Leche (Guatemala)
- “How to be a Teacher of The Urantia Book Teachings” presented by Jaime Rey Albornoz (Colombia)
- “Truth and Righteousness” presented by Marcelino Ramirez (Venezuela)
- “The Personal Preparation of Jesus to Serve the Father and Humanity” presented by Wilson Leon (Colombia)
- “Communion with God” presented by Isabel Reinoso (Colombia)
- “The Will of God—Divine Worship” presented by Jaime Díaz Page (Mexico)
- “Leadership According to The Urantia Book” presented by Mairam Durand (Peru)
- “Development of Jesus’ Leadership in his Personal Ministry” presented by Luis Miguel Morales (Argentina)
We want to express our deep gratitude to all the presenters of these webinars and workshops for their outstanding service, and special thanks to Flor Robles, Martin Guzman and Kathleen Swadling for their loving service and steadfast collaboration.
To see the workshop series videos, visit: https://bit.ly/2k4gW9d
You can also visit the Association’s Facebook page to hear about these webinars and other activities: https://www.facebook.com/urantia.association/
We also invite you to visit and become a member of Urantia Associations ongoing study group discussions on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UrantiaAssociationInternational/ and the Forum at: https://urantia-association.org/forums
In fraternal service,
Education Committee Chair
Urantia Association International