Those cosmic intuitions

Home Forums Science & History Those cosmic intuitions

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  There is a quality here that is far beyond “facts”.

I agree.  What’s the relationship between wisdom and facts?  If no actuality can ever be comprehended by examination of its shadow (1:6.1), then where does wisdom come from?  “Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the children of men.“(101:3.2) Don’t you think that moral choices which result in an outcome of the most good within a relationship have to come from the one who directs the loving contact of one human being with another, the Spirit of Truth?

Wisdom evolves with experience.  It begins with the spirit of wisdom which only functions in moral human beings, those capable of discernment between right and wrong.  The spirit of wisdom not only coordinates all the other adjutants but it also coordinates all past experience with present opportunities (36:5.12).  It is then overlapped by the Holy Spirit which endows supermind function upon it (65:7.7; 36:5.15; 92:0.4).  Supermind function is soul function and it involves the personality of the Creative Spirit (103:0.1). Supermind perception is a reality perception on the soul level.  The supermind  is also the place where the Spirit of Truth comes in and takes those past experiences and present opportunities offered by the spirit of wisdom and interprets them for the soul according to God’s will.   It seems to me that every moral individual who has attained the 7th circle is capable of this overlapping supermind function.  The Holy Spirit functions despite human attitude (34:5.5), she will help the spirit of wisdom in its efforts regardless of a person’s mental attitude.  But in those people who choose to assist her with a more spiritual attitude (born of the spirit), then her work and the Spirit of Truth’s work is made that much easier.

But for the life of me I cannot see where the supermind function of the Holy Spirit is based upon fact or reveals facts or gives meaning to facts.  The supermind is the liaison domain between the human and divine. The supermind endowment of the Holy Spirit enlarges the capacity to perceive spirit.  Why someone would call her a spirit of fact makes no sense to me at all.  None. I can’t find anything at all in the UB to substantiate that claim.  I can’t find anything that suggests that the Holy Spirit even coordinates facts, or integrates facts or does anything at all with facts.  Facts are at the level of the adjutant mind circuits.  The Holy Spirit is super-adjutant, the supermind, concerned with spirit, hence the phrase, born of the spirit. Who ever heard of anyone being born of the facts?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Doesn’t a “real” thought require the Adjuster to reality-ize it (111:3.6)?

I don’t know, but here is the reference you cite:
    111:3:6 [#3]
    Mind knows quantity, reality, meanings. But quality — values — is felt. That which feels is the mutual creation of mind, which knows, and the associated spirit, which realityizes.
    Mind knows quantity, reality, meanings prior to experience in light of this reference,  according to my understanding of it.  Only personalities possess insight prior to experience.
    16:7:3 [#1]
    Only a personality can know what it is doing before it does it; only personalities possess insight in advance of experience. A personality can look before it leaps and can therefore learn from looking as well as from leaping. A nonpersonal animal ordinarily learns only by leaping.
    Thought Adjusters are subservient to mortal will and human will functions on the personality level of universe reality. (107:7:)
    I keep imagining I will bow out of this discussion in deference to Nigel and what he has in mind to discuss.  :-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Mara wrote:  Mind knows quantity, reality, meanings prior to experience in light of this reference,  according to my understanding of it.  Only personalities possess insight prior to experience.

I’m sorry, I missed the part in the quote that says that the mind can know meaning prior to experience.  I don’t think quote 111:3.6 says that at all.  In fact, there can be no meaning without some level of experience.  Insight can come before experience (16:7.2), but not meaning.  “Meaning is something which experience adds to value; it is the appreciative consciousness of values.” (100:3.4)  “Meanings and values are only perceived in the inner or supermaterial spheres of human experience.” (111:4.2)

Mara wrote:  I keep imagining I will bow out of this discussion in deference to Nigel and what he has in mind to discuss.
    Me too, but then I remember waiting 2 months for a response one time and I’m waiting 6 months now for a response from an email.  I think this thread will completely die if you wait for Nigel to finish savoring.  But maybe that’s a good thing since everyone says that it’s over their heads and are thus reluctant to opine.  Personally, I’m dying to know what the difference is between factual and actual and how it relates to potential and actual.  I have ideas but it seems no one agrees with them.  But even disagreement is good because it makes you think harder on the subject.   At least that’s how I see it.
    Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Thanks all for such a refreshing discussion!

This thread was actually intended to be about how we, as individuals, experience the three cosmic intuitions, and the cultural repercussions that flow from this interaction. But I did raise the “f” word (fact), so first I’ll try to clear the air.

Bonita wrote:

“I don’t see how that jives with your examples of fact at the beginning of your post. Are you saying that just asking those questions, imagining those thoughts about being picked on, just pondering ideas in the mind, is enough to make them actual or factual?”

Sorry if I created that confusion. The fact that they are picking on me implies a chain of choice and causation that led to their action. Now, while there may be absolutely no way for ME to know much about this background, both the Divine Minister and Michael are completely aware of all the facts of the matter. Thus the context is coloured by all the facts of the attacker’s life.

But here’s the thing: while I may have certain beliefs or assumptions about this fellow’s background, I believe the three cosmic intuitions help each of us to avoid becoming subject to such a priori  beliefs or assumptions.  This is a subtle interaction, and what happens next has the undiluted attention of the Supreme…

Bonita asks:

“So, how is it that you can tell if your thinking is fact or fiction, or figment, as you call it?”

As I understand it, these three insights of the cosmic mind, these 3 forms of the cosmic discrimination, these 3 cosmic intuitions, make it possible for those who “take delight in cultivating these qualities of courageous and independent cosmic thinking” to discern “fact from figment”. The challenge for humans is that our mind arena of choice is necessarily loaded with assumptions. But as someone once said, courageous and independent thinkers can entertain ideas, or assumptions, without subscribing to them    :-)

On the question of assumptions, in 16:6 the author puts two types side by side.  First the valuable kind:

“… these three insights of the cosmic mind constitute the a priori assumptions which make it possible for man to function as … “ (192.6, 16:6.10)

And then the retarding type:

“… which saves them from becoming helpless victims of the implied a priori assumptions of science, philosophy, and religion.” (191.7 16:6.4)

Bonita wrote:

“The eye of the material mind perceives a world of factual knowledge;”

Here, are they not simply referring to certain measureable facts of the material domain?  The idea I’m exploring is that each domain has its characteristic “facts” (actuals, reals).  For example, consider the fact that meanings and values can be experienced.

Bonita wrote:

“I don’t see how that jives with your examples of fact at the beginning of your post.”

Sorry, don’t get hung up on those. I was simply thinking out loud about what you described as a “moral” problem. In that situation, while we must choose some response, and while that response will reflect our present accumulation of wisdom and moral values, I could not help but see the same situation from our parents’ point of view. They know all the facts and experiences that have shaped and coloured the private inner world of the “attacker”, who after all is one of their DEEPLY beloved children!

Bonita asked:

“but what is it that makes a fact actual?”

Good question. Where’s philosopher Todd when we need him?!  Before meeting the Urantia Book, I got hung up on the unshakeable notion that “there is a way that things are”. This applied to both material and non-material domains.

There is a way that things are.    There is a relationship between Paradise and the cosmos; we are discovering endless facts about this.  There’s also a relationship between the Creator of reality and every personal creature; think of the facts surrounding this more numinous state of things!

The word fact derives from the Latin for something made or done (see facio, “I make/do/act”, etc.).  Thus for me, “fact” is not the colloquial shorthand, but a vast concept package that illuminates the actuals and interactions in all four domains of reality.  Think of the four absolute sources and centres, and how their characteristic gravities identify and distinguish the factual actuals of each domain…

Bonita asked:

“What’s the relationship between wisdom and facts?”

Touching the heart of the matter! By helping us to discern fact from figment, the three cosmic intuitions, mediated by the Divine Minister, help us set up the sort of private inner world in which Living Truth can teach wisdom. But such one-on-one tutorials with Deity require us continually to enhance our discernment of actuals, then to discover and understand relationships between those factual actuals, which increasingly we can discern.

“But for the life of me I cannot see where the supermind function of the Holy Spirit is based upon fact or reveals facts or gives meaning to facts.”

Indeed. That aspect of her service would relate to how she mediates the cosmic intuitions, not how she serves as “Holy Spirit”. Recall that the Divine Minister wears many hats. Think about her early role as material energy manipulator, and the way she still looks after the plumbing and wiring of Nebadon. The fact that she does all these things means that Michael is not distracted from serving as the “personification of truth in the local universe.” (377.9, 34:4.5)

For those still following along, thanks for persevering!  This hard slog through a landscape of concepts makes me wonder, are we here engaged with the business of learning to take delight in cultivating ?   ;-)

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Nigel Nunn wrote:  The idea I’m exploring is that each domain has its characteristic “facts” (actuals, reals).

And that is what I’ve been responding to with my posts.  If each domain of the cosmic mind reality recognition response has its now characteristic facts, then what are they?  Why are facts only mentioned on the level of causation, the physical, material level of reality?   If there are facts on the duty level, why aren’t they mentioned?  Same with the worship level?

As I understand it, each of those domains, as you call them, are reality domains which humans can recognize by discerning the difference between reality and non-reality.  Facts appear to be real only on the causation level.  When discriminating on the moral or worship level, reality does not seemed to be referred to as facts.  I believe what you are calling facts on these levels are not facts but something else.  I sincerely do not believe that facts can be equated with actuals or realities on all three levels.  (I’ll save my opinions on the difference between actual, factual, potential and reality for later.)

Facts are building blocks of material reality.  What are the building blocks of moral reality?  of spiritual reality?  For  the sake of simplicity, let’s discuss only the duty or moral level of reality recognition.  The UB gives us a clue as to what those building blocks are and they are not facts.  They are the determined by the ability to discern the difference between relative right and wrong.  This level of discernment is higher than fact-finding.  It requires moral thinking rather than the mathematical thinking used on the causation level of reality.  Moral thinking has to do with the conflict between the self and other-than-self reality.  It is a more complex level of reality than causation requiring more complex thinking. It is a level of consciousness (moral consciousness) which involves the recognition of morontia values (101:9.5).  Morontia values do not exist on the material level of causation.

These levels of reality recognition require different levels of thought.  Exploring the level of moral thinking, one quickly realizes that the Adjuster always plays a role (108:5.9). This level of thinking is the soil from which God-consciousness grows.  God-consciousness does not grow from the soil of mathematical thinking about facts.  The moral level requires something more than facts.  That being so, it does not ignore facts or the material level of mathematical thinking; it tries to integrate it.  Mathematical thinking about facts can be done by a machine, but moral thinking requires a personality that can think on more than one level while at the same time unifying those levels in a way that makes cosmic sense.

I have other things I want to say on this topic and also other responses to your post Nigel, especially about the Holy Spirit, but I think I’ll keep this brief for a change. More later.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Nigel Nunn wrote:Indeed. That aspect of her service would relate to how she mediates the cosmic intuitions, not how she serves as “Holy Spirit”.
    [The above quote from Nigel is referring to the supermind.]

The Holy Spirit IS the supermind of the soul.  Holy Spirit and supermind are interchangeable words.  The Holy Spirit is a mind level existing above the adjutants, hence called supermind.  Supermind IS both the Holy Spirit’s function AND her service ministry at the same time, all wrapped up into one. Without the supermind there would be no soul; without the Holy Spirit there would be no soul.  The soul must think, the Holy Spirit is the soul’s thought mechanism, and it is personal, unlike the adjutants.  Actually, the supermind is, in essence, a person. If it were not so, how could we know the Creative Spirit so well? (9:2.5) We know her because she is actually present and actively working within us and with us as a spirit reality ministering as personal mind.

92:04  The Holy Spirit–this is the initial supermind bestowal . . . 

The supermind, being the personal presence of the Creative Spirit within the soul brings certain benefits with her.  Not only does she provide the intellect of the soul but simultaneously provides the spirit presence of her personality.  It is this spirit presence which allows us to have access and to recognize both the Spirit of Truth and the Thought Adjuster.  Without such presence of spirit personality it would not be possible for us to access the Source of all reality in the universe. Minds originating in time and space can only discover reality originating in time and space (42:11.3), which is called causation.  But because the human personality is encircuited by a supermind ministry, it has the capacity to discover cosmic reality on superhuman levels.  Superhuman reality requires the presence of Deity in order to be discerned because this level of reality discernment is about personality relationships.  Moral and spiritual reality levels are inseparable from personality relationships, both human and divine.

As finite beings, we also need the material, or finite, level of reality recognition.  This occurs at the level of the physical senses (16:6.6) and is an adjutant mind function. The discernment of factual and non-factual reality by the physical senses  occurs at the lower adjutant level and is then coordinated and articulated by the spirit of wisdom who is in charge of all of the lower adjutants. The spirit of wisdom is able to utilize the experiences of the other six adjutants to synchronize what we call worldly wisdom. The spirit of wisdom has direct and overlapping contact with the Holy Spirit (supermind of the soul).(65:7.7)  It is in and with the supermind that the personality then integrates and unifies the reality of the finite level with the higher levels of reality, moral and spiritual, in personality relationships (human and divine).

Reality recognition occurs on four different levels of consciousness, or reality awareness.  The personality is responsible for coordinating and unifying all levels of reality into one cosmic consciousness level. But human personality does not and cannot do it alone; it needs help from spirit personality.   This help is the supermind- the soul arena of thought- which is a personal presence.  The Holy Spirit is the human mind’s first encounter with the reality of Deity and Divinity.  The Holy Spirit/supermind is a personalized womb of cosmic reality with the Father Fragment, the source of all reality, at its nucleus, assisted by the Son who translates the Father’s thoughts into words.  The Holy Spirit/supermind makes those words of translated thought conscious and accessible to personality.  The process of sanctification and spiritualization of the mind can occur despite the attitude of the personality, meaning its desire for God, but personality realization (cosmic circle progress) requires conscious effort: awareness of the presence of Deity and the desire for divinity.  This cannot occur without supermind, the personal presence of the Holy Spirit providing the matrix for superthinking on levels of personality reality.  This is the capacity for self-realization, factually and actually. The Holy Spirit gives us personalized access to the cosmic mind which allows us to use  our own personality’s self- consciousness, which includes consciousness of the Creative Spirit personality, to recognize cosmic reality in the process of self-realization.  Self-consciousness implies other-than-self consciousness.  The supermind provides this other-than-self consciousness necessary for the recognition of reality on moral and spiritual levels.

If you read carefully the description of domains 2&3 when it comes to reality recognition response, you will see that they include morality and personal religious experience.  Both levels of reality consciousness require the consciousness of another personality.  On the causation level, all that is necessary are the physical senses of the mind.  Facts do not require other personalities, the discernment of fact from non-fact requires only  physical reality sensed and interpreted by mind, a purely adjutant function.  Facts can be discerned in isolation, although they would be useless.  And that is why they must be integrated with the higher levels of reality which necessitate the relationships of personality.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Without the supermind there would be no soul; without the Holy Spirit there would be no soul. The soul must think, the Holy Spirit is the soul’s thought mechanism, and it is personal, unlike the adjutants.

Me here:  I know the soul does “think” in that it is more than a simple repository of truth experience – it also collates, integrates, and forms a wisdom based on our will and choices by will (similar to if minutely compared to the Supreme – who does the same for all creature mind/will/choice in time and space experience).  But I don’t feel like I have any cognition of this reality.

And as the Holy Spirit is the “local” Mother and the cosmic mind is by the Paradise Mother, how are they related or distinct?  And as mind itself is one of the gifts to universe creatures, it is the Mother(s) that give this gift and maintain/uphold that gift?  So then, personality comes from Father and mind from Mother?  And the relationship of these two in a free will creature provides for the “experience” in choosing self-determined will alignment, reality response, and soul growth/circle progress?  It’s all about harmonizing these relationships in a process of intersecting other minds and personalities and circumstances requiring choice?   I hope the questions are relevant?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  And as the Holy Spirit is the “local” Mother and the cosmic mind is by the Paradise Mother, how are they related or distinct?

The Holy Spirit is not the cosmic mind.  The Holy Spirit is not the adjutant mind spirits.  The Holy Spirit is not the actual personality of the Creative Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is the spirit presence of the personality of the Creative Spirit just like the Spirit of Truth is the spirit presence of the Creative Son (and Father).

The Holy Spirit is a personal spirit presence mind ministry within humans who have entered the 7th psychic circle. The Holy Spirit does not function outside of the human soul.  The adjutants and the cosmic mind are impersonal mind ministries.  And, Nigel’s reference to the plumbing and wiring of the local universe is NOT a function of the Holy Spirit; it is the function of the Creative Spirit.

Bradly wrote:  So then, personality comes from Father and mind from Mother?  And the relationship of these two in a free will creature provides for the “experience” in choosing self-determined will alignment, reality response, and soul growth/circle progress?

It is not the relationship between personality and mind that results in soul growth.  Soul growth is a relationship between the personality of the individual and the prepersonality of God which happens to take place in the arena of mind known as the supermind.  The Holy Spirit IS that arena, hence the reference to being born of the spirit when awakening to the inner religious attitude of the soul.  The higher adjutants are the gateway to the supermind (part of the overlapping function of mind ministry). The spirit of worship creates the impulse for spiritual thinking, which is basically thoughts turned toward spirit.  Once the impulse is acted upon the spirit of wisdom is able to direct those thoughts of desire toward the soul where the Holy Spirit provides the capacity to think spiritually – the supermind function – which processes spiritual thoughts.

The reality recognition response requires a mind capable of not only discerning reality but interpreting it in relationship to personality because the recognition of reality is by a cosmic technique of self-revelation (16:6.10), it requires a self relating to other selves.  So, reality recognition is a personality experience.  The recognition response is an ability to discern the difference between reality and non-reality on three different levels of awareness.  There has to be something to CHOOSE,  more than one option of varying levels of reality.  The personality has the opportunity to choose the more real option, and unlike tests in school, these tests of our ability to choose the more real option has a divine cheat sheet.  There is something that clicks, something that we innately recognize as the better, more real choice, provided we are sensitive to it.  The sensitivity is developed by taking delight in deep thinking.

The Holy Spirit provides the capacity for deep thinking, all we have to do is take delight in it.  Built into her ministry is access to the cosmic mind on a personal level such that the pings of reality have relevance to our individual personality.  Otherwise, we wouldn’t recognize the the reality pings, they would be foreign and confusing, unrelated to us.  Remember that reality responds to the cosmic mind, not the other way around and this happens in a mind-gravity like fashion.  The Holy Spirit provides access to mind gravity on the soul level.  Reality perception on the physical, material level occurs at the adjutant level but is then recognized, correlated, integrated, and interpreted within the soul.  This is possible because of the down-reaching and overlapping capacity of the Holy Spirit which coordinates with the two higher adjutants. (65:7.7)

92:02-3  The adjutant of worship — the appearance in animal consciousness of superanimal potentials for reality perception. This might be termed the primordial human instinct for Deity.  The adjutant of wisdom — the manifestation in a worshipful mind of the tendency to direct its adoration in higher channels of expression and toward ever-expanding concepts of Deity reality.
    Identifying with reality is what makes personalities more real.  In order to identify with reality it has to be recognized and then chosen.  Humans are only capable of choosing that which they are conscious of.  The process of reality recognition, the technique of self-realization, involves levels of consciousness where reality can be discovered, recognized, interpreted and chosen.  It begins at the adjutant level and becomes transmuted by a personal relationship with Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is the realm in which transmutation takes place and reality recognition is part of that process.   This is also why the Holy Spirit is necessary for the soul to repercuss in the Supreme.  Transmutation means the transformation of potentials to actuals in and on the finite level of existence  and this transmutation culminates in evolution of the Supreme.(115:4.1)
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Nigel Nunn wrote:  Touching the heart of the matter! By helping us to discern fact from figment, the three cosmic intuitions, mediated by the Divine Minister, help us set up the sort of private inner world in which Living Truth can teach wisdom. But such one-on-one tutorials with Deity require us continually to enhance our discernment of actuals, then to discover and understand relationships between those factual actuals, which increasingly we can discern.

I’m lost.  What are factual actuals?

It is my opinion that the three cosmic intuitions are more specifically mediated by the Holy Spirit, who is the spirit presence of the Divine Minister, or Creative Spirit in the individual soul.  The Creative Spirit is omnipresent and the Holy Spirit is her individualized bestowal.  The private inner world is a personal world and the Holy Spirit is our first introduction to Deity within our very souls.  A private inner world that is personal needs another person in order to function.  Persons in isolation do not function well, nor do they survive.  Lucky for us, the Holy Spirit brings her partner with her into this relationship, the Spirit of Truth.

The Spirit of Truth is the source of the soul’s philosophy which has the goal of revealing the spiritual wisdom of personality relations with facts, morals and values.  It just so happens that those three areas also have built-in recognition feedback reactions that every personality quests for, if not deliberately inhibited. Those feedback reactions are made available to the soul by the Holy Spirit. She shines the light of recognition. The light of philosophic interpretation of those reality reactions shines from the Spirit of Truth, who oddly enough, is unerringly responsive to the living spirit relationship of all things and all beings as they are co-ordinated in the eternal ascent Godward. (56:10.13)  So, we are blessed with three divinity assistants before we even get to the Adjuster, the spirit luminosity of all reality on all levels.  And they are:  1.) the innate personality quest for knowledge, moral values, spiritual values and personality values; 2.) the three innate reality recognition responses of the cosmic mind illuminated by the Holy Spirit; and, 3.) the unerring response of the Spirit of Truth to the living relationships of things and beings.  And all of this takes place in the supermind, the Holy Spirit, the birthplace and nurturing environment of the soul, which is a new reality in the universe.

But what about the potentials, factuals and actuals?  These words seem to be used differently in the UB than in the general dictionary where you can find actual and factual having the the same meaning.  I prefer to see these as separate parts of a continuum.  Paradise is the source of all potentials and we are designed to discover and recognize them; this makes them factual to us. Not facts, but factual. Factual in this case simply means the recognition of existence as part of one’s personal reality perception.  Once people recognize reality, most desire to hold onto it, use it, make it part of their thinking.  Sometimes it seems so important that people want to keep it a part of themselves for the future, even make it part of their true character for eternity.  But how is that accomplished?

Once we have a handle on what we recognize as existing (on three levels of reality), we must interpret it according to our capacity.  The desire to utilize reality and hold onto it must be a desire arising from the level of true values.  We have to understand that this newly discovered and recognized reality has value worth the effort of keeping, perhaps even into eternity.  This is the job of the Spirit of Truth.  He reveals the Father’s pure potential and his perfect nature.  He helps us understand what part of our factual discovery he desires to make actual in the time/space level of existence.  The goal of this process is spirit domination of the interpretation of our discovery and recognition. Then, as we comprehend its value to the universe, we choose and make it an actual, a part of the Supreme.  We also make it an eternal part of ourselves and our Adjusters.This is the technique of self-realization.  But anything of value worth carrying into eternity must be  recognized and interpreted in the soul; it must take place in the supermind, be born of the Holy Spirit.

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

(Apologies for still operating in snail-mail mode!)

Thanks Bonita for adding such value to a mere forum discussion!  Regarding your extraordinary insight into the role of our local universe Mother as “Holy Spirit”, this surely deserves to be high-lighted in its own thread.  It will be lost in this thread, which is intended simply to explore the service of cosmic intuition mediated by the Divine Minister.

Regarding facts, I’ll try to explain my perspective.  From {adjutant to super-adjutant to morontial to cosmic}, mind allows us to discern “the way things are”.  After reading about the three cosmic intuitions, I’ve come to assume that these three modes of discrimination serve as dependable foundation for all the above (finite) mindal operations.  Thus the third mode of intuitive discrimination allows us to discern the unavoidable factual realities of the spiritual domain, while the Spirit of Truth and Adjuster make it possible for us to experience the values made actual by these factual realities.

Likewise, the second mode of intuitive discrimination allows us to discern, and to discriminate between, moral and philosophical alternatives, the responsibilities and duties made actual by the unavoidable facts of relationships between persons.  And of course the first mode assists with discerning and discriminating not only cause and effect in the finite, but all non-personal interactions mediated (or made possible) by Paradise.

I don’t think this requires a morontial spin on the concept of fact.  I’m just thinking of the simple idea that facts are that which is made actual (Latin: facio; actus).  Think of “de facto”, “the actual state of affairs”,

(644.7, 56:9.5)  “[…]. When we desire to facilitate comprehension or to augment consciousness of this otherwise impersonal Absolute, we revert to the fact that the Universal Father is the existential Father of absolute personality; the Eternal Son is […]”.

This is the sort of “fact” I see these intuitions helping us to discern.  Such a fact, made accessible via the Holy Spirit, is made experientially real by those “truth” assurances made accessible by the Spirit of Truth and Adjuster.

In any case, my intuition is that to define fact as “nothing but that which is measurable by material mind” is to miss out on a truly splendid perspective.  (PS: maybe we do need a morontia equivalent of this human concept?)

Now, returning to our advertised theme, I’m not sure if those using pods and pads and phones can see the 5 pictures attached to the original posts, especially figures 3, 4 and 5:

Fig3 Adjutants and Intuitions
    Fig4 Specialists
    Fig5 Choice

For those who can see them, what do you think of Figure 4 (Fig4_Specialists.jpg)?  The idea intended is that on the left is a case of one who has learned to be satisfied by Discrimination #1, and on the right is a case of one satisfied by Discrimination #3.  Point being that both neglect, or have learned to ignore, at least two priceless gifts made accessible by our local universe Mother.  See Bonita’s comment above, “if not deliberately inhibited”.

What do you think?
    Nigel

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Bonita wrote:

“The Holy Spirit/supermind is a personalized womb of cosmic reality with the Father Fragment, the source of all reality, at its nucleus, assisted by the Son who translates the Father’s thoughts into words…”

This is the sort of womb I had in mind in Fig5 Choice.  What splendid arrangements!!

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Nigel,

In Figure 5, are you attempting to represent the human mind at some point after entering the 7th psychic circle?  If so, I’m in disagreement about a few things, particularly the arrangement of the adjutant mind spirits.  They are overlapping sideways.  I believe they should be overlapping one on top of the other with the last two adjutants making contact with the Holy Spirit. Not all seven adjutants make contact with the Holy Spirit.   Also, what is that face in the middle of the Holy Spirit?

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi Bonita,

[Bonita]: “In Figure 5, are you attempting to represent the human mind at some point after entering the 7th psychic circle?”

Given the full-Monty ministry depicted in place, this is how I imagine the private inner world, say, of a normal, healthy, progressive 3rd circler.  That is, someone with soul sufficient to respond to such full-Monty ministry.

Regarding the way the adjutants might “interface upon” this private inner world, since they are described as “a level of consciousness” (36:5.4) of the same Divine Minister who is serving as Holy Spirit, I’m not sure what you mean when you say:

[Bonita]: “Not all seven adjutants make contact with the Holy Spirit.”

Regarding sideways or overlapped, I’ve always thought of the adjutant animations as distinct (“differential urge”, 36:5.2).  It’s this distinctive differential (in the urges they mediate) that serves to foster the endless variety in our human response.  From paper 36:

“[…]. These mind-spirits send forth their influence into all the inhabited worlds as a differential urge, each seeking receptivity capacity for manifestation quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception and opportunity for function.”  (401.6, 36:5.2)

Regarding that face “in the middle of the Holy Spirit”, that is the “choosing you”.

PS: think of that shaded blue womb as the mind arena of choice.  Fig5 Choice

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Regarding the way the adjutants might “interface upon” this private inner world, since they are described as “a level of consciousness” (36:5.4) of the same Divine Minister who is serving as Holy Spirit, I’m not sure what you mean when you say:

The Holy Spirit, functioning as the supermind of the soul, does not include the full consciousness of the Divine Spirit.  Although the Holy Spirit is the spirit of the personal presence of the Divine Spirit, it is not the actual Divine Spirit, just as the Spirit of Truth is not the actual full monty Michael.

That being said, not all adjutants interface with the soul.  Only the 6th and 7th interface with the Holy Spirit. The 6th and 7th are the higher mind adjutants.  The Holy Spirit is superadjutant and morontial and only the 6th and 7th adjutants of the higher mind can contact the morontia level, which is why the secondary midwayers utilize them. In our human soul, it’s actually more of an overlapping down-reach of the Holy Spirit which encompasses those two adjutants, and she does so mostly through contact with the 7th which serves to coordinate all the others below it.   Read: 34:5.3; 36:5.3; 36:5.16; 42:10.4; 65:7.7; 108:2.3; 2; 110:6.13; 113:4.4

Regarding sideways or overlapped, I’ve always thought of the adjutant animations as distinct (“differential urge”, 36:5.2).  It’s this distinctive differential (in the urges they mediate) that serves to foster the endless variety in our human response.

But once human will appeared, there was a change in the organization of the adjutants.  In the human mind, which has entered the 7th circle, all of the adjutants are under the control and coordination of the spirit of wisdom and it is the spirit of wisdom which then interfaces with the Holy Spirit.   The adjutants would all be lined up and functioning in concert within that individual.

Regarding that face “in the middle of the Holy Spirit”, that is the “choosing you”.

You mean personality?

I think that if the blue area is supposed to be the entire mind, both adjutant and soul levels, then I think your placement of the Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth and TA are off.  I personally picture the Holy Spirit as the supporting matrix for the Spirit of Truth and the TA is the nucleus at the center of both.  The adjutant mind would be connected to the soul by the gateway formed by the two higher mind adjutants.  When the adjutant mind begins to crave worship and desire wisdom, it begins to function at the supermind level and that level is the Holy Spirit. Maybe that personality child should be choosing to use the gateway in the process of transferring identity and choice for spirit dominance of its free will.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

My apologies Nigel, I should never make a post when in a hurry.  I meant the 6th and 7th adjutants in my above post and have now edited it.  Looks like my brain shut off temporarily while typing that.  I hope I didn’t confuse you too much.  But then again, I have been told that I am misleading everyone.  Sorry, didn’t mean to.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.