Searching For The Human Roots Of Truth, Beauty & Goodness

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Searching For The Human Roots Of Truth, Beauty & Goodness

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote: Beauty, in the final analysis, is not alive, is not a thing or a being, is it?
    I’m under the impression that beauty is a quality, a value.   The UB says that spirit is value and that value is a unique element in universe reality which can only be felt.  It also says that quality is a matter of mind interpretation and therefore must remain an experience of the individual. But, it requires the eye of faith in order to see the Paradise value of beauty.
    Relevant quotes: 7:1.3; 111:3.6; 115:2.2; 133:5.7; 195:7.4

Rick Warren wrote: She’s beautiful that way :D
    Gosh . . . I’m blushing  Thank you so much.  I think the same of you.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Here are two somewhat related quotes about the beautiful:

If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey to the stars? G. K. Chesterton

I feel that we too often focus only on the negative aspect of life — on what is bad. If we were more willing to see the good and the beautiful things that surround us, we would be able to transform our families. From there, we would change our next-door-neighbors and then others who live in our neighborhood or city. We would be able to bring peace and love to our world, which hungers so much for these things. Mother Teresa, No Greater Love

GracielaG
    Participant

Human roots of Truth, Beauty and Goodness, for me, always are born from the relationship with our own spirit TA.
    God in us. The Root.
    Although human is our perception, even from childhood, unconsciousness and lacking of a deeper insight. Who could make us experience the joy of a new discovery? Who makes us feel love for the people and the heavenly blessings that rain down on us?

Love; Since child I have had these perceptions, sometimes subtle, but many years have had to pass before I realized about Why many of this sensitive experiences? So, it is very gratifying to know that I have obtained wise answers to some of my questions. Questions that from time to time sounded in my mind. But there was no chance to ask anyone … or maybe my own Spirit stopped me?
    Love, condensing the Golden Rule in one single and unique word; All that is, was and will be. Everything else goes and is reflecting in the Supreme and this is our contribution on the upward path, nothing is ever lost in the Universe.
    Love is All.

But this trio of concepts, always must be united, we can not miss even one, otherwise the separation breaks the unity and the Rule Golden Rule would not be, if one key is missing.
    The simply human love …sometimes is usually selfish. The apreciación of Goodness -Beauty – Truth – keeps us from become victim and fall in . the “simple impulse to live”
    But we have the help of worship and wisdom to recognize and differentiate the limited human love of the True Love.
    But: “…man is capable of transcending this urge to natural function. Man may elect to live upon the high plane of intelligent art, even that of celestial joy and spiritual ecstasy”
    (“The Art of Living” from Paper 160: 1.5)
    After all, human root contains within itself deep the divine Love of the Father, as the root holds and feeds the tree.

Enjoying the “Truth – Beauty – Goodness” ever increasing  as we ascend in the ways of the seven circles of thought…

Graciela G

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Here are two somewhat related quotes about the beautiful:

If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey to the stars? G. K. Chesterton

I feel that we too often focus only on the negative aspect of life — on what is bad. If we were more willing to see the good and the beautiful things that surround us, we would be able to transform our families. From there, we would change our next-door-neighbors and then others who live in our neighborhood or city. We would be able to bring peace and love to our world, which hungers so much for these things. Mother Teresa, No Greater Love”

Like. :good:

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Human roots of Truth, Beauty and Goodness, for me, always are born from the relationship with our own spirit TA. God in us. The Root. Although human is our perception, even from childhood, unconsciousness and lacking of a deeper insight. Who could make us experience the joy of a new discovery? Who makes us feel love for the people and the heavenly blessings that rain down on us? Love; Since child I have had these perceptions, sometimes subtle, but many years have had to pass before I realized about Why many of this sensitive experiences? So, it is very gratifying to know that I have obtained wise answers to some of my questions. Questions that from time to time sounded in my mind. But there was no chance to ask anyone … or maybe my own Spirit stopped me? Love, condensing the Golden Rule in one single and unique word; All that is, was and will be. Everything else goes and is reflecting in the Supreme and this is our contribution on the upward path, nothing is ever lost in the Universe. Love is All. But this trio of concepts, always must be united, we can not miss even one, otherwise the separation breaks the unity and the Rule Golden Rule would not be, if one key is missing. The simply human love …sometimes is usually selfish. The apreciación of Goodness -Beauty – Truth – keeps us from become victim and fall in . the “simple impulse to live” But we have the help of worship and wisdom to recognize and differentiate the limited human love of the True Love. But: “…man is capable of transcending this urge to natural function. Man may elect to live upon the high plane of intelligent art, even that of celestial joy and spiritual ecstasy” (“The Art of Living” from Paper 160: 1.5) After all, human root contains within itself deep the divine Love of the Father, as the root holds and feeds the tree. Enjoying the “Truth – Beauty – Goodness” ever increasing as we ascend in the ways of the seven circles of thought… Graciela G ***

Thanks for adding the personal touch to this thread, and so beautifully Alina,

I especially like this you wrote:

Love, condensing the Golden Rule in one single and unique word; All that is, was and will be. Everything else goes and is reflecting in the Supreme and this is our contribution on the upward path, nothing is ever lost in the Universe. Love is All.

Let us all enjoy our “spiritual ecstasy”!

“…Man may elect to live upon the high plane of intelligent art, even that of celestial joy and spiritual ecstasy” (“The Art of Living” from Paper 160: 1.5)

Richard E Warren

GracielaG
    Participant

Hello!

Yes, Thank You very much Rick!

We will enjoy! is our, little by little, we’re appreciating the great human prerogative. Although you can not live continually in a state of ecstasy, those moments can externalize, in part, and try to share it with our families and friends.
    The Truth- Beauty- Goodness is always available; the problem is when nobody wants to hear …. and sometimes it happens.

(1775.7) 160:2.6 1. Mutual self-expression and self-understanding.Many noble human impulses die becausethere is no one to hear their expression…

“ The beauty is that beautiful mystery that will  not decipher, neither psychology nor rhetoric
    JORGE LUIS BORGES (1899-1986)
    Argentine writer.

Thanks again.

Graciela (Alina)

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hello! Yes, Thank You very much Rick! We will enjoy! is our, little by little, we’re appreciating the great human prerogative. Although you can not live continually in a state of ecstasy, those moments can externalize, in part, and try to share it with our families and friends. The Truth- Beauty- Goodness is always available; the problem is when nobody wants to hear …. and sometimes it happens.

(1775.7) 160:2.6 1. Mutual self-expression and self-understanding.Many noble human impulses die because there is no one to hear their expression…

The beauty is that beautiful mystery that will not decipher, neither psychology nor rhetoricJORGE LUIS BORGES (1899-1986) Argentine writer. Thanks again. Graciela (Alina)

Good point Alina, ecstasy cannot be a perpetual thing.

Ah, if only our siblings would hear! It will evolve…Godspeed, and how can I help? :)

I like that Borges associates mystery  with beauty.  It always has a certain and definite mystique, whether flower, sculpture, galaxy or human physique.

Richard E Warren

GracielaG
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote :  Good point Alina, ecstasy cannot be a perpetual thing. Ah, if only our siblings would hear! It will evolve…Godspeed, and how can I help? :) I like that Borges associates mystery with beauty. It always has a certain and definite mystique, whether flower,sculpture, galaxy or human physique.
    Good Day Rick!
    You can not help me, although I really appreciate it. Each of us identified with this revelation, live their own experiences; then it is logical the longing for communicating it to others, but as you well know, is not easy. It is also something we must learn to do …
    It is true! going to get … It will evolve! :good:
    Also the Master Jesus taught us, at that time in which He spoke to his disciples about the Spirit of Truth, a good admonition, we could say.
    (1949.4) 180:5.2 Divine truth is a spirit-discerned and living reality. Truth exists only on high spiritual levels of the realization of divinity and the consciousness of communion with God. You can know the truth, and you can live the truth; you can experience the growth of truth in the soul and enjoy the liberty of its enlightenment in the mind, but you cannot imprison truth in formulas, codes, creeds, or intellectual patterns of human conduct. When you undertake the human formulation of divine truth, it speedily dies. The post-mortem salvage of imprisoned truth, even at best, can eventuate only in the realization of a peculiar form of intellectualized glorified wisdom. Static truth is dead truth, and only dead truth can be held as a theory. Living truth is dynamic and can enjoy only an experiential existence in the human mind.
    This quote; these concepts, I think it would also be associates with the idea of Borges about Beauty,  and also Goodness
    It seems to me … Discernment is personal and evolves …
    LOVE
    Alina
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    This quote; these concepts, I think it would also be associates with the idea of Borges about Beauty, and also Goodness It seems to me … Discernment is personal and evolves …
    LOVE
    Alina
    Yes, agree. And we might tear ourselves apart attempting to evolve too fast. Unless I’m mistaken we are designed not to evolve quickly. That has its own special beauty in stretching out the breadth and length of experience extending into eternity. At least from this lowly point of view ;-)

Up next: 7 Human thought gems on Goodness.

Richard E Warren

GracielaG
    Participant

Yes, agree. And we might tear ourselves apart attempting to evolve too fast. Unless I’m mistaken we are designed not to evolve quickly. That has its own special beauty in stretching out the breadth and length of experience extending into eternity. At least from this lowly point of view ;-)

Up next: 7 Human thought gems on Goodness.
    I agree Rick! Of course, evolution is slow… we can not advance by force, it would be like trying to grow a child very fast … It’s impossible useless.
    The Goodness; I think to be seeing and feeling as we walk, step by step …. more and more… Goodness…
    “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.”
    Dalai Lama
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.”
    Dalai Lama
    That has to be true of Truth and Beauty also!

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The daily cryptogram in my local paper had this quote on love today:

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.  Robert A. Heinlein

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

The daily cryptogram in my local paper had this quote on love today: Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. Robert A. Heinlein

A famous science fiction writer! He found the truth about love.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

These seven are all from human minds, thought gems on Good and Goodness. Odd that Nietzsche associates it with power.

1. To live according to nature is the highest good; that is, to lead a life regulated by conscience and conformed to virtue and temperance. – Cicero

2. All which liveth tendeth to good. Emerson

3. To do good without ulterior motive is a generous and almost divine thing
    in itself. Francesco Guicciardini

4. By doing good we become good. Rousseau

5. Never good through evil. Unknown

6. Good is that which makes for unity. Evil is that which makes for separateness. Aldous Huxley

7. What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man. What is bad? All that proceed from weakness. Nietzsche

This is the one that sticks most in mind: …the real is the good and the good is the real. Melchizedek (1122.11) 102:3.15

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

A few quotes from my collection:

My trust in God has nothing to do with the fact that I am good. My trust springs from faith in the goodness and mercy of God that is total and unconditional. God has loved me first. God’s love is not a reward for my good behavior. Thérèse of Lisieux, Little Way

I have marveled at the depth of his wisdom when my secret faults have been revealed and made visible; at the very slightest amendment of my way of life I have experienced his goodness and mercy; in the renewal and remaking of the spirit of my mind, that is, of my inmost being, I have perceived the excellence of his glorious beauty, and when I contemplate all these things I am filled with awe and wonder at his manifold greatness. Bernard of Clairvaux, Sermon Seventy-Four, On the Song of Songs, vol. 4

In all these passages the decisive requirement is the same: the good which is to be done is to be done completely. He who does it partially, with reservations, just enough to fulfill the outward regulation, has not done it at all.  Rudolph Karl Bultmann, Jesus and the Word

He ceases to argue about God who has found God within. Relying upon that calm strength which is not the strength of self, he lives God, manifesting in his daily life the highest goodness, which is eternal life. James Allen

An instant of pure love is more precious in the sight of God and more profitable to the Church than all other good works put together, though it may seem as if nothing were done. . . . Let those men of zeal who think by their preaching and exterior works to convert the world, consider that they would be much more pleasing to God — to say nothing of the example they would give — if they would spend at least one-half of their time in prayer, even though they may not have attained to unitive love. Certainly they would do more, and with less trouble, by one single good work than by a thousand; because of the merit of their prayer, and the spiritual strength which it supplies. John of the Cross, The Spiritual Canticle & Poems

I feel that we too often focus only on the negative aspect of life — on what is bad. If we were more willing to see the good and the beautiful things that surround us, we would be able to transform our families. From there, we would change our next-door-neighbors and then others who live in our neighborhood or city. We would be able to bring peace and love to our world, which hungers so much for these things. Mother Teresa, No Greater Love

Let us be very sincere in our dealings with each other and have the courage to accept each other as we are. Do not be surprised or become preoccupied at each other’s failure; rather see and find the good in each other, for each one of us is created in the image of God. Keep in mind that our community is not composed of those who are already saints, but of those who are trying to become saints. Therefore, let us be extremely patient with each other’s faults and failures. Mother Teresa, No Greater Love

Use your tongue for the good of others, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. We have to possess before we can give. Those who have the mission of giving to others must grow first in the knowledge of God. Mother Teresa, No Greater Love

The useful and the useless must, like good and evil generally, go on together, and man must make his choice. Mahatma Gandhi, All Men are Brothers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.