Is being Christian important?

Home Forums New Urantia Book Readers Is being Christian important?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    chucksmith1982
    Participant

I to am no longer a Christian. I simply have found to many things I disagree with. I do, however, consider myself a follower of Jesus. If I had to put a name to my faith, I suppose I’d call it Urantian. I use the UB as my main religious source document, and bring in others as needed for clarification or a different point of view. I have also changed churches. I now go to a United Methodist church. While they are not open to the UB, I have been able to “slip in” some concepts from it and they have been well received. I could not have done the same with the church that I was attending last time I posted on this topic.

I was thinking about conservative vs liberal. I thought about the two movements throughout the history of this country and came to one conclusion. Todays’ liberal is tomorows conservative. Look at pre vs post civil war. It was acceptable to own slaves before. After, even though the former slave owners were alive, it was illegal. The kids grew up in a society where you had racism, but no more slavery. They would be considered liberal to their parents who still believed in slavery. Generation by generation, society’s values changed, slowly, slowly, until we have what we have today. Todays’ most conservative would not be recignised as such if you put them in pre civil war America. They would be considered liberal. My point? Time changes everything. It is a truth that we often overlook. Society changed from one that excepted the ownership of one based on the color of ones’ skin to one in wich, for certain generations at least, it is now acceptable to marry and have friends among, what would have then been considered a inferior race, fit only for slavery. What lesson can we learn from this? Time changes all. We need to have patience. We may not see all of the changes that we want to happen, but we can spend our lives working to make the changes that we want to happen, happen. Am I saying that in some instances legal actions are not required? No, I am not. I am, however, saying that for the Urantia movement, patience is a virtue. All we as UB believers can do is try and influence those around us to open their minds and hearts to new truth or a different view. Even though they may not be willing to change their posission, at least they would be willing to look at the issue from a different point of view. Eventually, as more and more people look at issues from the ub point of view, the book itself will become more acceptable in society. That is my hope anyway.

gild96
    gild96
    Participant

what is being christian ? .. like jesus say ‘ the kingdom is within’.. means , christianity is within . that is my opinion..

i mean , the first step is to the direction of inside . than you can go to church etc.. or doing christian things.. but jesus is already in you,

no distance . so my being christian is being inside where jesus and all the bible and other religions is . unit all of them into one infinite whole .

so.. judes..etc.. not matter . man should be inside where the love of the infinite is contains by itself all reality and religions and everything that exsist . thats the true religion ; inside a man ,,

Keryn
    Participant

Gild96,

Welcome and thank you for posting your beautiful perspective on what it means to be Christian.  I completely agree.

André
    André
    Participant

Todays’ most conservative would not be recignised as such if you put them in pre civil war America. They would be considered liberal.  chucksmith1982

Hi everyone,

Chucksmith, how logical and make sense.

André

André
    André
    Participant

Hi Vern,

“here replace the Bible with this”

…. Jesus never “replace” lights issue from evolutive trend but instead enhance them with truth as you pinpoint Vern in post # 14259.

I red in UB that peoples need a socialization process along with believes.

In all normal planets and even in Paradise individuals, they gathering at a temple for adoration of God

As Mara well said; denominational or nondenominational, Christians, Judaism, Islamic they all proceed to evolutive religious paths.

.Vern, well before setting a sociabilising institutions as “THE ONE”. Each individual must set themself one with God inside.

André

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.