Facts – who needs tham?

Home Forums Science & History Facts – who needs tham?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nelsong
    Participant

I found the below paragraph interesting in that it made me curious as to why the Urantia midwayers took the time to gather so many scientific facts to prove intelligent creation. Its not like those midwayers who have gained mota after surviving physical death need convincing. They have a purpose in such effort but there certainly are not that many scientific facts in TUB. Even the facts that are in TUB only lead one to have greater faith in the fact of intelligent creation, these facts are not really scientific proof, at least by the standards of our scientific community – IMHO

TUB revelation about the nature of matter and energy leave me no doubt that these fundamental building blocks are intelligently engineered.

The paragraph below begins by directing our attnetion to less imaginative mortal mechanists that would benefit from this sort of factual information. It all is very curious to me.

What do you think? Probably just one of many assignments for curious midwayers that are continuing their education eh?

(665.6) 58:2.3 And yet some of the less imaginative of your mortal mechanists insist on viewing material creation and human evolution as an accident. The Urantia midwayers have assembled over fifty thousand facts of physics and chemistry which they deem to be incompatible with the laws of accidental chance, and which they contend unmistakably demonstrate the presence of intelligent purpose in the material creation. And all of this takes no account of their catalogue of more than one hundred thousand findings outside the domain of physics and chemistry which they maintain prove the presence of mind in the planning, creation, and maintenance of the material cosmos.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Hi nelson,

I found the below paragraph interesting in that it made me curious as to why the Urantia midwayers took the time to gather so many scientific facts to prove intelligent creation.

They state ‘facts of physics and chemistry’ not necessarily scientific facts. I believe there to be a difference in the minds of the Life Carrier, IMO.

Its not like those midwayers who have gained mota after surviving physical death need convincing.

The midwayers did not experience physical death, but I agree that there is a question as to who benefits from this compilation of facts.

IMO the Midwayers have done this on their own accord and for their own edification. It seems to me that they feel a need to convince themselves of what faith in a Divine Creator does for us without such an effort. Waste of time? You decide. We can show no scientific proof of God.

Regards, Manny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.