Entropy – who says!

Home Forums Science & History Entropy – who says!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    nelsong
    Participant

Consider this:

The three laws were put in a memorable form by the English scientist and novelist C. P. Snow: (i) you cannot win (matter and energy are conserved); (ii) you cannot break even (cannot return to the same entropy state, since disorder always increases); (iii) you cannot get out of the game (absolute zero is unobtainable).

Now consider this:

Entropy is a property of a closed thermodynamical system ((i.e. one considered in terms of interchanges of heat and other forms of energy) corresponding to the degree to which the particles of the system are randomly arranged. Entropy is a measure of the disorder in the system. The second law of thermodynamics states that entropy always increases.

Now think about this:

(1274.2) 116:5.12 The time universes are not perfect; that is their destiny. The struggle for perfection pertains not only to the intellectual and the spiritual levels but also to the physical level of energy and mass. The settlement of the seven superuniverses in light and life presupposes their attainment of physical stability. And it is conjectured that the final attainment of material equilibrium will signify the completed evolution of the physical control of the Almighty.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    nelsong wrote:   Consider this: The three laws were put in a memorable form by the English scientist and novelist C. P. Snow. . . .
    Amazing isn’t it?  Here is a bit more about it:
    The word entropy finds its roots in the Greek entropia, which means “a turning toward” or “transformation.” The word was used to describe the measurement of disorder by the German physicist Rudolph Clausius and appeared in English in 1868. A common example of entropy is that of ice melting in water. The resulting change from formed to free, from ordered to disordered increases the entropy.
    This is also a fascinating reference from the UB.
    42:4:2   We do not fully comprehend the almost endless changes to which physical energy may be subject. In one universe it appears as light, in another as light plus heat, in another as forms of energy unknown on Urantia; in untold millions of years it may reappear as some form of restless, surging electrical energy or magnetic power; and still later on it may again appear in a subsequent universe as some form of variable matter going through a series of metamorphoses, to be followed by its outward physical disappearance in some great cataclysm of the realms. And then, after countless ages and almost endless wandering through numberless universes, again may this same energy re-emerge and many times change its form and potential; and so do these transformations continue through successive ages and throughout countless realms. Thus matter sweeps on, undergoing the transmutations of time but swinging ever true to the circle of eternity; even if long prevented from returning to its source, it is ever responsive thereto, and it ever proceeds in the path ordained by the Infinite Personality who sent it forth.
    emanny3003
    Blocked

TUB is a remarkable revelation in untold ways. With regards to science and the subject of entropy TUB is clear. We are presently at the midpoint of a billion year expansion cycle of space respiration. There exists un-pervaded space reservoirs. This means that we are presently increasing the pervaded space. If the increase in pervaded space exceeds new matter creation then we are in a state of decreasing density. This is a state of entropy. We are in the part of the universe cycle of “let there be light”. There is a net state of radiation. This is cosmic daylight. In half a billion years the Universe of Universes will rebound and begin contracting. Then there will be enthalpy. This is a state of increasing density, growth and regeneration. This will be our cosmic night. Life on earth began approximately at the time just after the space expansion began. There cannot be life (plant and animal life) without light and there cannot be light without radiation and entropy.

The Universe of Universes has about half a billion years to be settled in light and life this cycle. After that cosmic night will require that all souls be on the architectural spheres which are self lighted and warmed. The Suns will stop radiating and begin generating for the next cycle of “let there be light”. The Life Carriers will be busy at work for their search for the right planets and the next version of life plasm to implant for the time of expansion. Meanwhile, the current class of planetary mortals will have graduated to the Morontial spheres which are independent of radiating suns. I suspect that Midway creatures and others would be sustained by their unique energy acquiring systems.

At the ‘dawn’ of a new expansion cycle it all begins anew. Everything is a cycle of growth and decay, day and night.

In scientific terms, we are currently in the dynamic state where there is a net increase in energy and a net decrease in mass. The equation E = mc^2 is valid for the complete cycle of 2 billion years. Currently the balance is toward the left. When there is increasing energy and decreasing mass we have entropy. The reverse direction will begin in half a billion years and that is called enthalpy. The speed of light determines the rate. The rate is determined by the expansion of time-space. Light is presently accelerating! For those that can see this, let them see.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    emanny3003 wrote:   TUB is a remarkable revelation in untold ways. With regards to science and the subject of entropy TUB is clear. We are presently at the midpoint of a billion year expansion cycle of space respiration. There exists un-pervaded space reservoirs. This means that we are presently increasing the pervaded space.
    The UB certainly is a remarkable revelation! I for one really appreciate your comments about this topic.  I am not a scientist.  I enjoy finding references that add to a topic, rather than detracting and I find it interesting, as regards time and the expansion-contraction cycle of space respiration, to note that our Creator Son began building our universe about 399,999,000,000 years ago.
    57:3:8  It was scarcely a million years subsequent to this epoch [57:3:7] that Michael of Nebadon, a Creator Son of Paradise, selected this disintegrating nebula as the site of his adventure in universe building. Almost immediately the architectural worlds of Salvington and the one hundred constellation headquarters groups of planets were begun. It required almost one million years to complete these clusters of specially created worlds. The local system headquarters planets were constructed over a period extending from that time to about five billion years ago.
    That’s 199,995,000,000 years of expansion-contraction cycles of time through which he is, so far, building Nebadon.  Amazing!
    emanny3003
    Blocked

Hi Mara.
    It is interesting to speculate as to how many 2 billion year cycles it would take for all the Life Carriers in all 7 Superuniverses to arrive at life plasm capable of evolving will creatures that can achieve light and life status in a short 1 billions years. The watch word for the Universes is progress so I believe that the Life Carriers are improving their formula each cycle everywhere. I wonder if they collaborate across superuniverses. Well, not only does plant and animal life need progress but the physical status of the superuniverses must be settled before there is realization of a completed Supreme.

Thanks for your comments.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The Universe of Universes has about half a billion years to be settled in light and life this cycle. After that cosmic night will require that all souls be on the architectural spheres which are self lighted and warmed. The Suns will stop radiating and begin generating for the next cycle of “let there be light”. The Life Carriers will be busy at work for their search for the right planets and the next version of life plasm to implant for the time of expansion. Meanwhile, the current class of planetary mortals will have graduated to the Morontial spheres which are independent of radiating suns. I suspect that Midway creatures and others would be sustained by their unique energy acquiring systems.

I was wondering where you got this information from.  Did you get it from the UB?  As far as I can tell, no one knows what will happen when the grand universe is settled in light and life.  They conjecture that the Supreme Being, having fully evolved at that point, will emerge in some fashion.  And I’m not aware of anything in the UB that suggests a given time period for this to happen.  I’ve only found words such as “if” and “sometime”. Have you read somewhere that this will definitely happen in a half billion years?  If so where? And where are you getting your information about Life Carriers in the next universe age?  I looking for direct quotes and can’t find any.

55:12.5 None of us entertain a satisfactory concept of what will happen when the grand universe (the seven superuniverses as dependent on Havona) becomes entirely settled in light and life. That event will undoubtedly be the most profound occurrence in the annals of eternity since the appearance of the central universe. There are those who hold that the Supreme Being himself will emerge from the Havona mystery enshrouding his spirit person and will become residential on the headquarters of the seventh superuniverse as the almighty and experiential sovereign of the perfected creations of time and space. But we really do not know.

56:7.6 It is a fact that, as the creations of time and space are progressively settled in evolutionary status, there is observed a new and fuller functioning of God the Supreme concomitant with a corresponding withdrawing of the first three manifestations of God the Sevenfold. If and when the grand universe becomes settled in light and life, what then will be the future function of the Creator-Creative manifestations of God the Sevenfold if God the Supreme assumes direct control of these creations of time and space? Are these organizers and pioneers of the time-space universes to be liberated for similar activities in outer space? We do not know, but we speculate much concerning these and related matters.

106:0.18 The seven superuniverses, now evolving, will sometime attain the settled status of light and life, will attain the growth limit for the present universe age

nelsong
    Participant

The three laws were put in a memorable form by the English scientist and novelist C. P. Snow: (i) you cannot win (matter and energy are conserved); (ii) you cannot break even (cannot return to the same entropy state, since disorder always increases); (iii) you cannot get out of the game (absolute zero is unobtainable).

Is being settled in light and life “getting out of the game”??

What we observe and categorize as entropy is certain to evolve and unfold along with the Supreme?  If so, how could there ever be a move toward disorder?? Even our disordered minds will become more harmonized as the ages unfold. Disorder is more of a reflection of our limited concepts of reality, not seeing the big picture so to speak.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Is being settled in light and life “getting out of the game”?? What we observe and categorize as entropy is certain to evolve and unfold along with the Supreme?  If so, how could there ever be a move toward disorder?? Even our disordered minds will become more harmonized as the ages unfold. Disorder is more of a reflection of our limited concepts of reality, not seeing the big picture so to speak.

I agree. The fact that Michael is sovereign means that he has started to end uncertainty, confusion and disorganization. Whatever Michael cannot salvage and organize will be destroyed . . .  annihilated.

21:5.7 The elevation of a sevenfold bestowal Son to the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe means the beginning of the end of agelong uncertainty and relative confusion. Subsequent to this event, that which cannot be sometime spiritualized will eventually be disorganized; that which cannot be sometime co-ordinated with cosmic reality will eventually be destroyed. When the provisions of endless mercy and nameless patience have been exhausted in an effort to win the loyalty and devotion of the will creatures of the realms, justice and righteousness will prevail. That which mercy cannot rehabilitate justice will eventually annihilate.

emanny3003
    Blocked

I looking for direct quotes and can’t find any.

Do you see only what you can read?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    emanny3003 wrote:  Do you see only what you can read?

What does that have to do with my question?  What I want to know is if you are proposing a theory based upon your own interpretation.  Is there  some fact within the revelation that supports your ideas?  And if not, what is the basis of your theory?  Can you supply some quotes that led you to come to your conclusion?  It would be nice to know how you came up with your ideas.  It’s possible that you are right, but we should be allowed to determine that for ourselves.  Right now, without supporting evidence, I can’t accept your conclusions.  But you are free to convince me and my mind is open to it.  How did you come up with your line of thinking?

emanny3003
    Blocked

How did you come up with your line of thinking?

Fair enough. I have no where near the encyclopedic knowledge that you have about TUB. Your mind seems to have its own UB search engine. I do not. In any case, the last thing I want to do is to convince anyone or argue. I just put this conclusion out there and here are some of my reasons.

Space expansion this cycle began about half a billion years ago. Life on Earth began at about the same time.

Why the Architectural spheres that do not rely on the radiating Suns of space?

Why to the Life Carriers have specific deadlines to prepare a world for implantation?

Why is the Central Universe exempt from space respirations?

Why are there space reservoirs in order to keep the totality of space constant while it is devoid of forces and energies?

Having suffered through many entropy problems in thermodynamic courses I can say something on this subject. Radiation occurs only in an entropic system. Mass can only increase in enthalpic system.

E ⇔ MC^2 is stated somewhat differently in TUB. Paraphrasing, the increase in mass is equal to the increase in energy divided by the velocity of light squared.

There are entropic systems co-mixed with enthalpic systems (expanding and contracting electrons, suns, and galactic systems), but the Master Universe in currently entropic as a whole and will become enthalpic in half a billions years.

The suns radiate their mass to distribute their light energy to the physical creations that depend on this light. We certainly depend on vegetable matter and photosynthesis. The Midwayers and Angelic orders and the like depend on other means of energizing. We currently have a net decrease in mass as we have a net radiation of light energy.

This will reverse in half a billion years when the Universe begins to contract. Then the suns will stop radiating and the
    light energy will condense into mass in the Universe as a whole. This is cosmic night (rest and regeneration) and all plant and animal life will die. Those creatures not energized by sunlight naturally survive the night of one billion years, as do those mortals on the mansion worlds.

The life Carriers have one billion years to choose their implantation planets and improve the Life Plasm if their previous design failed to evolve an evolutionary will creature that was able to achieve an era of light and Life in the billion years allotted in the expansion cycle. When each and every Local Universe has perfected the Life Plasm by tedious trial and error and experimentation, then will we have a Grand Universe settled in light and Life. Since there is no cheating by sharing notes between Super Universes, each Life Carrier crew must earn their own stripes. Those Local Universes that achieve light and life will successively do so in succeeding 2 billion year cycles and must await all the others that straggle behind. It’s all or none.

I recall that TUB talks much of classes of ascenders. Don’t you think that those mansion worlds and other architectural spheres would get pretty crowded if there were not a billion year break in new arrivals? So far on our experimental planet, we have achieved will creatures in the past 1 million years with roughly 500 million years of evolution. As I see it, we have roughly 500 millions years to achieve light and Life before the Life Carriers have to go back to the old drawing board and start again. They have a billion years of laboratory work before there is a growing season of light when implantation of life will take. Perhaps not here on Earth, but maybe Venus will be ready by then. Maybe the ‘Mars Project’ failed last go around. Planetary distances do expand as well. The Moon is currently moving farther away, later to approach Earth again and breakup.

Maybe I can think of more hints in TUB that have led me to these conclusions.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    emanny3003 wrote:  Fair enough. I have no where near the encyclopedic knowledge that you have about TUB. Your mind seems to have its own UB search engine. I do not. In any case, the last thing I want to do is to convince anyone or argue. I just put this conclusion out there and here are some of my reasons.

It may appear that I have a built in UB search engine, but I don’t.  I use computer search engines.  And like you, I have no interest in arguing.  I do like to debate, which is different.  Arguments are contentious, egotistic and meant to persuade someone to change their mind; debates are supposed to be for the purpose of presenting ideas in such a way that people can make up their own minds.

emanny3003 wrote:Space expansion this cycle began about half a billion years ago. Life on Earth began at about the same time.

I agree that we are now midway through the expansion phase of space respiration (11:6.4). I also agree that life was implanted on this planet 550,000,000 years ago. (58:4.2)  At the time of life implantation, the universe would have been just beginning its expansion phase.  However, I’m unwilling to accept that one event was directly related to the other.  I don’t think these two facts are related.

emanny3003 wrote: Why the Architectural spheres that do not rely on the radiating Suns of space?

The architectural spheres are built to certain specifications based upon their function (15:7.1). They are constructed as finished space bodies. The spheres of space are not built in that fashion because they must evolve. The architectural worlds are not subject to physical evolution as are ordinary space bodies like Earth.  Architectural spheres are associated with suns, but they not depend upon them.  They have built-in energy sources; but that is because the do not evolve, they are finalized for this universe age.

emanny3003 wrote:  Why to the Life Carriers have specific deadlines to prepare a world for implantation?

There are no specific deadlines that I know of.  There are certain criteria necessary before implantation can occur, such as in the case of Earth, they required the evolution of a suitable salt-solution habitat along with the evolution of inland seas and sheltered bays.  The Life Carrier commission, after deciding to implant life, changed their minds and returned to Jerusem to wait another 50 million years while the continental masses broke up and created more inland seas and bays.  It seems to me that if there was a strict deadline that they would not have been able to change their mind and hang around for millions of years waiting. This is covered in chapter 58.  But what does this have to do with light and life and space respiration?  I can’t see the relationship.

emanny3003 wrote:  Why is the Central Universe exempt from space respirations?

I’m not sure that it is exempt.  I can’t find anything to substantiate that in the text.  I may have missed it though.  Do you have a reference?  Do you mean Paradise?

emanny3003 wrote:  Why are there space reservoirs in order to keep the totality of space constant while it is devoid of forces and energies?

All we are told is that both pervaded and unpervaded space come to a confluence just underneath nether Paradise where they go through transmuting regulating channels necessary to change pervadable space to nonpervadable space and vice versa.(11:6.2)  There must be something about space that must be present in order to permit pervasion by forces, energies, powers and presences. (11:6.3) The revelators admit to knowing very little about the unpervaded space reservoirs.  If they know very little, I think we can know even less.  And what about the midspace zones?

There are entropic systems co-mixed with enthalpic systems (expanding and contracting electrons, suns, and galactic systems), but the Master Universe in currently entropic as a whole and will become enthalpic in half a billions years.

I can’t see where entropy and enthalpy have anything to do with space respiration. It seems to me that your theories are based entirely upon the assumption that the mechanism for space respiration is related to the laws of thermodynamics.  Don’t you think that if the mechanism of space respiration is that simple to understand,  the superhuman authors of the UB would know about it?  Yet, they claim that they do not know the mechanism for space respiration.  They cannot explain it; they can only observe it as a fact.  Without thermodynamic mechanisms your entire premise seems to falls apart.

11:6.1 We do not know the actual mechanism of space respiration; we merely observe that all space alternately contracts and expands.

emanny3003 wrote:The life Carriers have one billion years to choose their implantation planets and improve the Life Plasm if their previous design failed to evolve an evolutionary will creature that was able to achieve an era of light and Life in the billion years allotted in the expansion cycle. When each and every Local Universe has perfected the Life Plasm by tedious trial and error and experimentation, then will we have a Grand Universe settled in light and Life. Since there is no cheating by sharing notes between Super Universes, each Life Carrier crew must earn their own stripes. Those Local Universes that achieve light and life will successively do so in succeeding 2 billion year cycles and must await all the others that straggle behind. It’s all or none.

The Life Carriers don’t have anything to do with bringing a local universe to light and life other than fostering evolution up to the point of the appearance of human will. Arrival at Light and life is entirely dependent upon human will and the Life Carriers are not permitted to interfere with free will.  Furthermore, the Life Carriers are not permitted to improve life plasm once it is implanted. They are only allowed to manipulate a favorable environment to foster evolution until the appearance of human free will.(65:0.6; 65:1.8))

I cannot find anything suggesting a time limit on the Life Carriers, life implantation or evolution.  Light and life involves much more than perfecting life plasm.  Light and life is a spiritual attainment which then dominates all energy levels including mindal and physical.  The initial life plasm and the upstepped life plasm of the Material Sons and Daughters are meant to increase capacity for spiritual domination.  Settlement of the Grand Universe in Light and Life is synonymous with the emergence of the Supreme Being and the end of the current universe age. Yes, I agree that it is all or none, but it has nothing to do with space respiration.  No one knows when the Supreme Being will fully evolve, or even IF he will. (56:7.6; 55:6.10)

emanny3003 wrote: I recall that TUB talks much of classes of ascenders. Don’t you think that those mansion worlds and other architectural spheres would get pretty crowded if there were not a billion year break in new arrivals?

No, I do not.  As worlds advance in stages of light and life, fewer and fewer people need to go to the mansion worlds and they take on new functions.

47:03 When a system is settled in light and life, and as the mansion worlds one by one cease to serve as mortal-training stations, they are taken over by the increasing finaliter population which accumulates in these older and more highly perfected systems.

emanny3003 wrote:So far on our experimental planet, we have achieved will creatures in the past 1 million years with roughly 500 million years of evolution. As I see it, we have roughly 500 millions years to achieve light and Life before the Life Carriers have to go back to the old drawing board and start again.

The Life Carriers cannot start over again for this planet.  The rule is, once life is established on a planet, it must be permitted to evolve all the way to light and life.  If something should happen to the planet, then there is a mechanism in place for emergency terrestrial escape to another planet. (51:2.3)

emanny3003
    Blocked

12:4.12 The present relationship of your sun and its associated planets, while disclosing many relative and absolute motions in space, tends to convey the impression to astronomic observers that you are comparatively stationary in space, and that the surrounding starry clusters and streams are engaged in outward flight at ever-increasing velocities as your calculations proceed outward in space. But such is not the case. You fail to recognize the present outward and uniform expansion of the physical creations of all pervaded space. Your own local creation (Nebadon) participates in this movement of universal outward expansion. The entire seven superuniverses participate in the two-billion-year cycles of space respiration along with the outer regions of the master universe.

I’m not sure that it is exempt.  I can’t find anything to substantiate that in the text.  I may have missed it though.  Do you have a reference?  Do you mean Paradise?

I don’t know if this will suffice but I see that TUB author excluded the Central Universe from the Primary motion of space, respiration.

I’ll keep working on the rest.

emanny3003
    Blocked

47:03 When a system is settled in light and life, and as the mansion worlds one by one cease to serve as mortal-training stations, they are taken over by the increasing finaliter population which accumulates in these older and more highly perfected systems.

Yes, when a system is finally settled, the mansion worlds are no longer needed for mortal-training because mortals of settled systems gain AP credit to bypass these worlds. But before this time, however, these worlds are in use and new arrivals do not go straight to Jerusum.

The Life Carriers cannot start over again for this planet.  The rule is, once life is established on a planet, it must be permitted to evolve all the way to light and life.  If something should happen to the planet, then there is a mechanism in place for emergency terrestrial escape to another planet. (51:2.3)

I agree. The Life Carriers cannot start over again for this planet but they gather their wares and learn from their mistakes and start over again on another planet that will be ready for the next billion year cycle or either a little further along in this cycle. The point is that plant and animal require the shining suns of the 1 billions year day cycle.

The Life Carriers don’t have anything to do with bringing a local universe to light and life other than fostering evolution up to the point of the appearance of human will.

I think that the Life carriers have a crucial part in getting life stated on the right foot. The sooner a life plasm can evolve a suitable will creature, the greater the chance having the time to evolve into Light and Life. It is true and I agree that the Life Carriers have but one shot each cycle on each planet

I can’t see where entropy and enthalpy have anything to do with space respiration.

Entropy is a state of decreasing density. That is what drives mass to energy. Ever increasing space during space expansion creates ever decreasing density as we define density as matter per unit volume. Enthalpy is just the opposite and is what occurs during the contraction cycle where energy condenses into matter-mass. Both entropy and enthalpy are intimately linked to space respirations.

Architectural spheres are associated with suns, but they not depend upon them.  They have built-in energy sources; but that is because the do not evolve, they are finalized for this universe age.

This is precisely why I think that apart from many other functions, these made to order spheres serve as living abodes for the ascending mortal when the billion years of cosmic night do not allow for life on the evolving physical spheres.

emanny3003 wrote:  Why to the Life Carriers have specific deadlines to prepare a world for implantation?

I will search out where I read something to imply a deadly of sort for the Life Carriers.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    emanny3003 wrote:  I don’t know if this will suffice but I see that TUB author excluded the Central Universe from the Primary motion of space, respiration.

Yes, the author did not mention the central universe in that one particular quote.  But consider the fact that the central universe is part of pervaded space (12:1.3-4),  and ALL of space, pervaded and unpervaded, participates in space respiration (11:6.1).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.